Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb

Hey, guys! A scenario I'd uploaded here a couple days ago was just approved.
Feedback is most welcome :)

Custom Scenario - Tentacles (v1.0)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a fun scenario to play. Looking forward to giving it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dodge
United States
Highland
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Downloaded. I'll give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L
United States
New York
flag msg tools
This looks like fun! I especially like how you make use of Zaporavo's hero sheet. (I am working on one featuring Zogar Sag but want a lot more playtesting before sharing.) Your PDF also looks really sharp.

I do have a few questions, but I'll ask the big one first - Since the heroes want to kill Thaug, it would seem the smart thing for the players to do is to move everyone away from the edges of the ship so the tentacles can damage it faster and he arrives quicker. Likewise, it seems the Overlord would probably want to hold off attacking the ship until the heroes are weakened enough for Thaug to not be easily beaten when he arrives. Both seem counter-intuitive to the plot, so maybe I am missing something here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
LegoMech wrote:
I do have a few questions, but I'll ask the big one first - Since the heroes want to kill Thaug, it would seem the smart thing for the players to do is to move everyone away from the edges of the ship so the tentacles can damage it faster and he arrives quicker. Likewise, it seems the Overlord would probably want to hold off attacking the ship until the heroes are weakened enough for Thaug to not be easily beaten when he arrives. Both seem counter-intuitive to the plot, so maybe I am missing something here.

Thanks for your comments. So... what you're missing here is the time factor. Time is on OL's side. As quicker he brings Thaug to the table, it's easier to sink the ship (the easiest way for him to win, since killing the heroes is a much harder way to do it).

I hope you like playing this scenario. I tried to make it very strategic and tactical for both heroes and OL players :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
I believe I forgot to state that to sink the ship, the OL must place 7 sea tokens on the ship (already counting the one placed when Thaug comes in play).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Mauric
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it. It was fun. We used the 3 hero option. Heroes won. Overlord should have been more agressive sinking the ship. Definitely takes some strategic thinking for both sides.
Thank you for putting this out.

-Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this. It was pretty fun! I enjoyed the use of Thaug. The heroes lost, but that was due to some poor tactical decisions. Next time we'll make better use of the pirates. We did have one question. Does "Constriction" still take effect if the character, such as a pirate, is killed?

Good stuff, though! I'm excited to see the full campaign. The intro text implies part 6 involves The Black Ones!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:
We did have one question. Does "Constriction" still take effect if the character, such as a pirate, is killed?

Killing a model immediately removes it from the board, one implication of which is that no game effects, other than Reinforcement, can possibly interact with them at that point. (Barring scenario-specific rules to the contrary, of course.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
DrMauric wrote:
I played it. It was fun. We used the 3 hero option. Heroes won. Overlord should have been more agressive sinking the ship. Definitely takes some strategic thinking for both sides. Thank you for putting this out.

You're most welcome. I'm glad you played and enjoyed it laugh

DancingFool wrote:
Just played this. It was pretty fun! I enjoyed the use of Thaug. The heroes lost, but that was due to some poor tactical decisions. Next time we'll make better use of the pirates. We did have one question. Does "Constriction" still take effect if the character, such as a pirate, is killed?

Constriction doesn't constrict the target, since it is dead, but it still moves the tentacle - it is written in the last sentence of the first bullet in Scenario Mechanics, but it's easy to miss it

DancingFool wrote:
The intro text implies part 6 involves The Black Ones!

Yes! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
DancingFool wrote:
We did have one question. Does "Constriction" still take effect if the character, such as a pirate, is killed?

Killing a model immediately removes it from the board, one implication of which is that no game effects, other than Reinforcement, can possibly interact with them at that point. (Barring scenario-specific rules to the contrary, of course.)

I know and it's scenario specific rules I'm asking about. In this scenario it's through Constriction that the tentacles can move onto the ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevancorrea wrote:

DancingFool wrote:

Constriction doesn't constrict the target, since it is dead, but it still moves the tentacle - it is written in the last sentence of the first bullet in Scenario Mechanics, but it's easy to miss it

DancingFool wrote:
The intro text implies part 6 involves The Black Ones!

Yes! devil

Awesome! That's what we thought and how we played. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.