Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting ready to play this game tonight (Thank you Santa Grogs!) and I had a question of clarification.
Example:
I draw card #90 which allows me to designate and replace a normal Blockade Runner as the 'Rhett', the card text says that is immune to further Union cards and interception efforts during this turn. Bottom of the card says to discard the card when played but nothing about the piece itself.

What happens to the 'Rhett' piece? Does it stay on the board? Or after the turn is it pulled off and replaced by the regular Blockade Runner piece?

If it helps the Rhett and Bonneau pieces have an asterisk on the front rather than a +1 or another denotation of the pieces that appear permanent, which makes me lean towards them being removed at the end of the turn.

Other cards like the CSS Alabama say to keep the card out until sunk, hence the question about the piece itself. TIA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fox
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Fear cannot be banished, but it can be calm and without panic; it can be mitigated by reason and evaluation.
badge
A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.
mbmbmbmbmb
The piece is removed after the turn is over; although there is nothing preventing you from keeping the piece on the board if you like the reminder of which piece it was, it just won't have any effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
FuManchu wrote:
The piece is removed after the turn is over; although there is nothing preventing you from keeping the piece on the board if you like the reminder of which piece it was, it just won't have any effect.

Most excellent, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.