Subject: Halflings & Ogres? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Gibbs
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this on the intertubes. Halflings and ogres? or a star player pair?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm... There's really not a lot to go on there. From the wording on the picture, it sounds like it's going to be a Warhammer World exclusive, which is to say that you can only purchase it by making a trip over to the Warhammer World museum in England - which is certainly more than a stroll down the road for the bulk of the world.

Of course, it could be more available than that. The phrase "Exclusive Item" tells me we won't be seeing it in general retail, no matter how available it becomes, but there are certain levels of exclusivity. Most broadly speaking, it may only be available in GW/Warhammer stores; or, it may only be available through the GW or Forge World web sites (with the latter being the more common eventuality). At this point, there's really no way to tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a star player pair, and can only be purchased at Warhammer World
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:

I hope not, that would be a stupid move on GW's part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's one of a handful of promo items that are only available on site. This is just the first BB2016 one they've done. This isn't meant to be a wide release item, unfortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the original Facebook post about them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeWyant wrote:
Nors wrote:

I hope not, that would be a stupid move on GW's part.

How is it stupid.

The release lots of minis and even books as Warhammer World exclusives.

They show up on eBay.

Or make a post on here asking a UK player planning on attending to grab them for you.

Exclusive stuff is bonus material - not core - and not usually league or tournament legal anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the irritation here is that limited promo items are becoming available before more general packs and teams are out. If the standard Ogre/Troll/etc were in stores for everyone, a promo Ogre wouldn't stand out so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the game wasn't a little more than a month old, that might be a concern.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no concern there. If anything it does show that Forgeworld have been working away and do have a selection of new models prepared for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikodemus of the UK
England
flag msg tools
A little annoyed at finding out about this, seeing as they are only available at a place I will never get to.
Would have been a better move to have had them available online after a certain timeframe at least, to allow everyone to complete collections.

Hopefully, there wont be to many Blood Bowl exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a large blood bowl collection but I will certainly not be hunting down Warhammer World Exclusives for Star Players that if priced the way star players normally are will rarely be used. I have plenty of Ogres and Halflings who can sub in as the Star if they are useful. I am very mindful of just the Forgeworld only concept of boosters. The team boxes are reasonable priced if lacking in options but the pricing of Forgeworld singles is going to put a real damper on "Collecting".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy williams
Australia
Ferntree Gully
victoria
flag msg tools
mb
The Black Scorpian resin big guys are quite good- stuff the size difference, it is only perceived..
If you want to collect then go for it, personally at GW prices it's a no go for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.