7 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Official answers from C'mon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin moran
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hey everyone, I recently asked C'mon about some rules queries and received some official answers.
1. Battleground of Souls and Into the Breach mission: An innocents token must be revealed each round to avoid raising the Apocalypse track.
2. The Beast We Become mission: The selected traitor hero does not necessarily have to be allocated The Tainted One Dark Past card. Which means it's possible to have two traitor heroes in this mission.
3. Heroes can choose to take corruption Past their maximum (i.e.Primal Conceit Sins card), thus taking wounds instead.
Hope these answers help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Johnson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's worth noting that for rule #3, you cannot take voluntary corruption when at level 7 AND receive any benefits from it. You would just take a wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
What does #1 mean? I don't get the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin moran
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Hi Paul, I've enclosed my submitted questions and the official responses, so hopefully that should help clarify. There is another recent rules thread on this site "Into The Breach questions" which goes into more detail. I would post a link if I knew how.:)

QUESTIONS
1. The missions "Battleground of Souls" and "Into the Breach" end of round effects state "Raise the Apocalypse track by one if no innocents are revealed". Does this mean that you have to reveal an innocent token each round or just have a revealed innocents token in play (even one currently attached to a hero)?
2. The mission "The Beast We Become" requires the Sins player to take one of the heroes from the reserve after Dark Past cards have been allocated to use as the traitor. Does the selected traitor hero have to be given the no.7 Dark Past card (The Tainted One) or can it be another hero (meaning that The Sins players could effectively have two traitors to deal with)?
3. The Pride Sins card "Primal Conceit" states "teleport the Avatar anywhere unless each lone hero takes 2 corruption". Can heroes at maximum corruption still choose to take the corruption (and effectively take two wounds instead)?

ANSWERS
1. You need to reveal an Innocent every round to avoid this effect.
2. The hero the Sin player takes does not necessarily receive the no7 Dark Past.
3. The hero can choose to take corruption beyond his maximum, thus taking wounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Aha! Perfect, that's a great explanation now that I can see the questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Olszewski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok, so the answer #3 has nothing to do with voluntary corruption and gaining bonuses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, we just played both Redemption stories wrong. That's a prime example of bad rules writing.
To clarify what they MEANT, it should say "if no innocents were revealed" or even add "this round". The way it is written, we only raised the track if no innocents were on the map face up..,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.