Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
End the Shutdown!
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood on the Altar

The pack includes five new permanent cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb

Also an upgraded version of Emergency Cache!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lee miller
msg tools
mb
I like where this is headed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Marino
United States
Windsor
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Great Googly Moogly!
badge
That's the sealiest thing I've ever heard!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm excited about the talents, looking forward to seeing the others!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel T.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the 4th expansion announced. I hope they will actually sell some of these. It's starting to be awkwardly funny... Hell, even the two PODs are not available in my country...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Blood Pact. There are times where the doom cost just won't matter because that Agenda deck is going to advance anyway.

I guess Keen Eye is not bad, but that just seems so expensive. I do like that it's till the end of the phase though I usually took Physical Training more for the Willpower buff for Roland so the fact that Keen Eye is Intellect and Combat does kind of lower it's value for Roland IMO.

ADD: I appreciate the eagerness to buy the products. Though I will say this isn't an unusual number of preview articles for an LCG. They like to seed conversation about cards before you see them in their full context in the card pool at that point, and keep the excitement up for the content coming down the pipe. In fact I was wondering when they were gonna tease another pack because it had been a while since that last spoiler article.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense that we see some higher level cards in the later packs for the campaign. Need to provide a few more upgrade options since it's going to be an 8 scenarios instead of 3 scenarios campaign...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United Kingdom
Sunderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spectrehorseman wrote:
I like where this is headed!

Well this is my first trip into a LCG and it already scares me slightly! Does it get to the point where you're trying to make a choice of which one of 50 cards you should choose?

Seems like he cards are going to require you to have pretty good short term memory too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Emergency Cache (2) -> Paranoia = Sad Skids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the card pool will eventually grow to the point where the optimal deck building choices will not be obvious, but that's part of the fun. The more the player card pool grows (if they do it right) the more opportunities you have to make a deck that feels truly your own creation. Something that really rewards playing the game the way you like to play it. Also probably eventually a few broken combos. Can't wait for those
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
Right! If the card choices were always obvious the game would have almost no replayability. But looking into card strategies to assemble a more efficient, more powerful, or more utilitarian deck is a big part of the fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:

I guess Keen Eye is not bad, but that just seems so expensive. I do like that it's till the end of the phase though I usually took Physical Training more for the Willpower buff for Roland so the fact that Keen Eye is Intellect and Combat does kind of lower it's value for Roland IMO.

Strong dissent - you never have to spend an Action to put it in play, and for taking out multiple Enemies or one Enemy with multiple Hit Points or getting multiple Clues, that's a huge value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Pact is great for Marie Lambeau.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
I love the design of Blood Pact, if only because it promises to inject a delicious bit of semi-cooperative tension into games. Will you selfishly boost your own stats at the expense of the group (which, incidentally, may actually be the altruistic thing to do), or will you listen to your fellow investigators as they try to reason with you? That can be a really fun dynamic with the right group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sullivan
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The upgraded version of Emergency Cache basically slims your deck by a card, that's nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lordevilthefirst wrote:
The upgraded version of Emergency Cache basically slims your deck by a card, that's nice.

Until all you have left are Weaknesses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Sullivan
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rbeall88 wrote:
lordevilthefirst wrote:

Until all you have left are Weaknesses!
Perfectly Thematic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiona Furlong
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I hate that I'm saying this, but I hope to god that the upgraded Emergency Cache is a full groups worth of play sets, as that alone will be a reason to buy multiples of this pack.

Also am I the only one who thinks that the effects on Keen Eye don't seem to be worth it, just based on the resource cost/duration on the triggers?

*edit* I guess I'm not the only one who though that on the trigger cost. It Feels like if it lasted until your next turn or was a one for one cost, it would be a more attractive upgrade to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sounds exciting but bummed due to the slow release schedule:
Dunwich is still on the boat... best hope is late January Release?
The Miskatonic Museum is at the printer, so March is realistic?
The Essex County Express is in developlemnt, so maybe April?
And this I assume not before May...

zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Burns
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks fantastic, and I like the higher level cards - but isn't that half the cycle announced, and Dunwich Legacy isn't available yet?

I like to feel excited, but I'm starting to feel over-hyped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Rueløkke
msg tools
Its 4/7 products and 5/8 missions of the Dunwich Legacy so actually more than half
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how many copies of the permanents will be included. It makes no sense to include more than one copy in your deck, so if they do include 2, it would only be for 2 players to have them in your deck...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
BaldrsWolf wrote:
I hate that I'm saying this, but I hope to god that the upgraded Emergency Cache is a full groups worth of play sets, as that alone will be a reason to buy multiples of this pack.

Considering I don't bother putting Emergency Cache in many of my decks I'm not too worried about people fighting over the upgraded version. Deck slimmers are over rated in this game in my opinion but that's a hard rule to break for card games. I'd rather have controlled card draw in a world where not all my cards are beneficial and speeding through my deck can give me sanity loss.

Esgaldil wrote:
phillosmaster wrote:

Strong dissent - you never have to spend an Action to put it in play, and for taking out multiple Enemies or one Enemy with multiple Hit Points or getting multiple Clues, that's a huge value.

I see where you are coming from, but I just think Roland doesn't need this for that experience cost. It actually seems good for Zoey since she needs the intellect help and already has high willpower so she could care less about Physical Training.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
Considering I don't bother putting Emergency Cache in many of my decks I'm not too worried about people fighting over the upgraded version.

Agree. In my first games I used Emergency Cache (habit from old games where money is almost universally good) but now I seldom do. In a game where playing cards costs an action, there is good reason to play fewer cards compared to most games where you're trying to get them out as fast as possible.

However, this may make Emergency Cache a bit more playable again, I'll certainly be willing to give it a try. The upgraded version will probably make it into some decks but still not the ones that run faster and leaner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decay
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
I like Blood Pact. There are times where the doom cost just won't matter because that Agenda deck is going to advance anyway.

Still waiting for my copy of the game, but what does a Doom token on this card do? I thought it were the Doom token on the agenda card that pushed the scenario further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.