Subject: I am a complete, utter disaster as a trail boss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Debije
Netherlands
Eindhoven
The Netherlands
flag msg tools
Gave this one a whirl as Bart 'Hardtack' Fender, trying to get 15 wagons, 61 people and 55 stock over the shortest trail available. I concentrated on my natural lore score, and made myself popular at the expense of my Indian lore and hunting abilities: big mistake.

One turn in, we were attacked by a band of Sioux, suffering casualties. Soon after, a stampede of bison caused us pain.

Two game weeks later, we managed to stave off a Blackfeet raid, but Hardtack was only able to talk his way out of mutiny by the skin of his teeth (rolled a '14': his popularity was '14'... whew).

Well, it didn't help his cause. A Crow attack and drought caused the people to finally revolt, taking much of the wagon train with them. The remaining few foolish enough to follow Hardtack were beaten by the N. Chayenne when Hardtack blew his parlay...

Arriving finally at their destination, Hardtack was down to 5 wagons, 28 personnel and 26 stock, resulting in an ultra-pathetic score of 125: a total disaster.

This was a rather fun game. I don't see playing it with more folks, though, as it really is a solo game, but would be fun to swap the wild stories that develop from the game. I cannot imagine how I will survive some of the longer journeys. Maybe I need to change my dice, for one thing. Anyway, a fun time, and I'm pleased to have picked this old-timer up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Togu Oppusunggu
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for the session report - definately a game I'd like to play. I love any game that gives you a sense of what a historical event was like. Any tips on how to find a copy to purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.