John McK
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Modifying your Broken Token organizer for 7 Wonders Duel to hold the Pantheon expansion:

Since we're working with thin, precision-cut materials, I used a 2-cut jeweller's saw and an 0-cut jewellery hand file, because they'll make finer cuts and make more even lines, without tearing up the material too much. You can use whatever coping saw and bastard-cut files you may have, but be gentle. I used 220 grit sandpaper for cleanup.

I started by making room for the Pantheon board:

With this we're making room for the Pantheon board to spoon up against the main board. Mark off the boundaries it will cross, and then mark the depth of the board.

Of course it would be easier to make these modifications before assembling the organizer for the first time, so these are the pieces we're cutting:

When reassembled, the lines of the parts that accomodated the main board should match up with the ones we've just cut for the Pantheon board.

Now for the deity cards. I've sleeved all my cards, including wonders and deities (I've also bound the deities with Hugo's Magic Tape, which is wonderful stuff). If you're not sleeving your deity cards, you can stow them beneath the coin tray. If you're sleeving them, you'll have to find someplace else. I made room for them on top of the wonder cards and scorepads. Note that this means cutting into the coin tray. Mark the outer wall and dividing wall on the coin tray where the deity cards land.

First mark the width of the card (with some wiggle room) on the wall we're trimming down.

Then measure the thickness of the card stack. I came up right at 9mm. Then mark that on the wall piece.

Next, I took some of the height off the coin tray, to reduce the amount of cutting we'll have to do into the containing portion. I took off 5mm. Use a depth measuring tool so the legs are consistent.

Now with the organizer reassembled, set the tray in and mark where our new indentation lands.

Now reassemble the coin tray. Since we've taken off the top of one slot, we'll have to glue the piece in place. Broken Token recommends that you glue the corners of the tray, and I agree, so it's a good time to do that if you haven't. I use a steel shaping tool to keep the wood glue tidy. Now your cards should fit all nice and neat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kelley
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for sharing this!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Nichols

Cedar Hills
Utah
msg tools
badge
Time is an illusion. Game time, doubly so.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the Minerva pawn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McK
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Minerva pawn and the expansion's progress tokens are in one of the three cubbies at the top left of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.