Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been almost two years since Ironclad's inception.
We have been working on this project, sometimes fervently, some times development came to a halt.
But we are very happy to announce our plans of launching the Kickstarter campaign for Ironclad during March 2017.

We are currently preparing prototypes for our reviewers. Ironclad’s previews should be coming on YouTube sometime during February.

Stay tuned on this thread (as well as on our website and facebook page) for any relevant updates!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Juan Llanos
Spain
Alcala de Henares
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos M.
Denmark
Vallensbaek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Subscribed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Cundiff
United States
St. Bernice
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in purchasing, but not so much via kickstarter. Once bitten and all that you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gilbank
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subbed. Looking forward to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll ship the prototypes to the reviewers this week. We expect the first previews of Ironclad to hit YouTube sometime during February. In the meanwhile we are busy preparing the Kickstarter campaign, a preview of which we will share with you once ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
porfiros wrote:
We'll ship the prototypes to the reviewers this week. We expect the first previews of Ironclad to hit YouTube sometime during February. In the meanwhile we are busy preparing the Kickstarter campaign, a preview of which we will share with you once ready.

Looking forward to seeing how this game will play!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
porfiros wrote:
But we are very happy to announce our plans of launching the Kickstarter campaign for Ironclad during March 2017.

Subscribed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as a heads up, will this game have an actual solo variant or will it be just controlling more characters like other coops?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:
Just as a heads up, will this game have an actual solo variant or will it be just controlling more characters like other coops?

The rules and game balance is the same regardless of how many players participate.
Thus, as you assumed, in a solo game, you will be controlling as many Heroes as 4 players would in a 4 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are currently busy preparing the Kickstarter campaign and we would like everyone's feedback regarding the following matter:

Since Ironclad will be a story driven campaign game, several stretch goals will build upon the same story, adding more characters, Heroes for hire or Enforcers Villains to face in space combat. The question is, whether to reveal their cards and artwork on the stretch goals or leave them with a question mark (as we've seen other similar board game campaigns do in the past) on the Hero/Enforcer/Villain card unlocked to prevent story related spoilers and to keep that character's abilities a secret to be discovered.

We are fine with both options, either visible or blurred out, but we'd like your honest opinions on the matter.

Thank you all for your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate F
United States
Cross Plains
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
"ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS... USE THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN PEACE."
mbmbmbmbmb
I am always in the camp of "more information is better," when it comes to Kickstarter campaigns, but in this scenario, the blurred images/question marks are probably best. Story games are fun because of the discovery aspect and if that discovery is hinted or spoiled, it detracts from the experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Francois
Belgium
Bruges
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep I agree with Nate. In this case a vague hint will be better than the full reveal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer a combination of both;

Show us what the identity of the next stretch goal that would be unlocked would be whilst keeping remaining goals a mystery. For example the campaign is at $30k and the next stretch goal is $35k, let us know what that is and will be whilst only telling us $40k is a new hero and $55k is a new solo campaign.

Also maintaining the main page of the kickstarter to include a full run down of everything currently unlocked as a collective in one area without breaks is helpful too. This can help entice new backers as they will instantly be able to identify value for money. Show all components layed out indicating what is base retail and what has been unlocked through stretch goals and what will be Kickstarter exclusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I say full transparency with anything rules related.
But with a spoiler warning for stuff linked to the campaign. The more rules that are seen, the better for the quality of the game.

Fans will catch stuff that developers miss. This is something to you should use, a fanbase that helps you proofread rulebooks, card rules and character rules to catch those loop-, unwinnable- and godcomboes.

I wish more kickstarter developers did this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gilbank
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like rules should be out in the open and details about the length of the campaign and plans around it should be talked about but the information on the story its self should not be spoiled at all, half the fun of these games is experiencing the story as it plays out. I really love when it plays off the wins and losses and changes along the way to really make it your own story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Buckey
United States
Concord Twp
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperinactive wrote:
I am always in the camp of "more information is better," when it comes to Kickstarter campaigns, but in this scenario, the blurred images/question marks are probably best. Story games are fun because of the discovery aspect and if that discovery is hinted or spoiled, it detracts from the experience.

^This.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kostis Tolios
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
Once more we turn to you, the board game community for your valuable feedback.

We are considering the possibility of implementing social stretch goals in our Kickstarter campaign for Ironclad.

On one hand we want our campaign to reach as many people as possible. We are a small indie publisher with a limited budget for promotion and social media can be a valuable tool for us to spread the word. Sharing or retweeting could make a difference in a small campaign.

On the other hand we don’t want to be considered spammers. We want people to follow us because they like our content and not be “forced” to like, retweet or become a fan on BGG just to gain a reward.

We want to be clear though that should we use this method, we won’t have in no way social stretch goals with important components that affect the gameplay.

So we have the following options:

1) Social stretch goals with in-game rewards that dont change how the game is played. For example slightly different artwork for the “Promoted” side of the Hero cards ( a different rifle, or a different colored armor etc)

2) Social stretch goals with rewards that don’t affect the game at all. For example downloadable hi-res artwork, wallpapers etc.

3) No social stretch goals at all and rely solely on word-of-mouth promotion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at how cool mini or not are running their kikstarter. I only back if there is some exclusives. Otherwise whats the point... Provide discount or exclusive value and you will attract backers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like what the Sub Terra campaign decided to do. They had a lot of contests for fan made content and it really got people involved. Social stretch goals feel like a chore, but when you are invited to contribute fan material everyone jumps on. May not suit, but just throwing it out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
Common sense won't pay the rent and doesn't grow on trees, but splitting hairs can get you anything you need
mbmbmbmbmb
No social stretch goals, please. Create some exclusive content, make it worth to back it instead of waiting for the retail version and the social medias will automatically react.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Iovis
Greece
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you all for your valuable opinions. There will be time to gather more feedback before we launch the campaign on Kickstarter. We will invite people to give their opinions on the kickstarer campaign preview once it's up and running.

At the moment we are inclined to have all story related stretch goals hidden in respects of artwork, names etc.

We have already plans for exclusive rewards, we might as well add more in that direction and give up social stretch goals alltogether.

Kickstarter exclusive rewards will include a plastic Ironclad miniature (base game will come with a standee) and a custom d6 die to determine damage sustained by the Ironclad. Another idea we had was to include a comic book by our artist with a prequel story to Ironclad's campaign, more particularly, how Ironclad and her crew became a battleship for hire. Please feel free to give us your input regarding exclusive stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rodney
United States
Moore
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my choice is

1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those stretch goals sound good. Extra bling is always nice. However, I think "exclusive" stretch goals are a very bad thing. People who come to the game late should be able to get these things. Give them free to KS backers, but offer them publically later at a cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lunadips Sixsmtih
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
I think "exclusive" stretch goals are a very bad thing. People who come to the game late should be able to get these things. Give them free to KS backers, but offer them publically later at a cost.

+1 to the above. Exclusives put some folks off of backing a KS.

In terms of extras I'd be most compelled by anything that extends/adds to the story or replayability, rather than fancy dice or minis, etc.

....Hope this is helpful, we all seem to be giving contradictory advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.