Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
We asked it in our other thread, but a big question for us is:

Can you compulsory drift across the median?

The only rule that seems to address this is "Drifting Into Impossible Places", bottom of page 15. But it just says that you can't drift across the median. Given it's listed with things like no man's land that presumably you can't compulsory drift into no matter what, it sounds like you can't compulsory drift across the median, either?

Or can you compulsory drift into all of the impossible places listed? On the one hand, you have something that you must do. On the other hand you have something that is impossible to do. Which wins?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Tidball
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Steve—

That's an excellent question, and one that should be addressed more clearly in the rulebook.

If you're forced to make a compulsory drift but can't move sideways (e.g., because the median's there) you fall back. (Falling back is a "flavor" of drifting; think of it as drifting backwards.) See "Drifting to Impossible Places" on p. 15.

So, if you're forced to drift, and a median blocks a sideways drift, you fall back by the regular process (p. 14). If the space behind is empty, go there without difficulty. If occupied by a Civilian, the Civilian falls back to make room for you. If occupied by a racer, test against them.

Make sense? Sorry that wasn't more clear. I appreciate you asking the question here.

—J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Crow
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
I think we got it. Don't have the rules with me but will check it later.

Basically, "impossible places" are impossible to enter no matter what.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Cotter
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JT- By "median" I'm supposing you're talking about a concrete divider down the centerline? Certainly there would be no problem forcing another vehicle to cross a painted yellow line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.