Lucian Pleianu
Romania
Cluj Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Say I draw a hand where I have two defenders - a Warlord with 25 damage for 50 gold and a Golem with 35 damage for 60 gold - and 4 money cards totaling 70 gold.

Does the 70 gold cover both the defenders need for entering the fight, or should one have 110 gold in hand to be able to fuel both defenders?

I quote the rules: “To defeat an Invader card, you may take any number of Defender cards from your hand, along with the Gold cards required to pay the total Attack Cost, and play them face-up in your play area“

I don't read it would have to be cumulative, but would rather ask. It came as an hypothetical question during our first game, but we thought 120 gold for 2 Golems from an usual 6 cards hand would be almost impossible to achieve, whereas 60+ gold from the remaining 4 cards along the Golems seems more doable.

Cheers for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The money represents the wages you're paying the defenders to act on your behalf. You need enough money for each (so yes, cumulative).

Hard to do, but that's why there are cards that let you draw more cards. Mighty powerful when you manage it, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuckila wrote:
Hi guys,

Say I draw a hand where I have two defenders - a Warlord with 25 damage for 50 gold and a Golem with 35 damage for 60 gold - and 4 money cards totaling 70 gold.

Does the 70 gold cover both the defenders need for entering the fight, or should one have 110 gold in hand to be able to fuel both defenders?

I quote the rules: “To defeat an Invader card, you may take any number of Defender cards from your hand, along with the Gold cards required to pay the total Attack Cost, and play them face-up in your play area“

I don't read it would have to be cumulative, but would rather ask. It came as an hypothetical question during our first game, but we thought 120 gold for 2 Golems from an usual 6 cards hand would be almost impossible to achieve, whereas 60+ gold from the remaining 4 cards along the Golems seems more doable.

Cheers for the help.
As per the rules you pick one defender and play that card and the gold required into your play area. Then you may pick additional defenders as long as you have sufficient gold left in your hand.
So for Warlord and Golem you need 110 gold. Not that difficult with actions that give gold and draws, as well buying better gold cards and trashing starting cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucian Pleianu
Romania
Cluj Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...hard enough to feel like the only viable option would be a rush strategy (talking about random setup).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuckila wrote:
Hmmm...hard enough to feel like the only viable option would be a rush strategy (talking about random setup).
That's the beauty of variable setup games: you can't come up with the best strategy until you see which cards are actually in the game.
Some games you want few powerful defenders and just keep going for blue monsters, others you get so many card draws that you can reliably get enough gold for multiple powerful defenders, others you get the previous as well as defenders that let you attack multiple times and will need to decide if you go for gold monsters or multiple blues, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.