Horst Lightner

Castle Rock
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

First post so I apologize if it's in the wrong place, pictures don't upload, etc.

So I'm lucky in that my wife enjoys board games as much as I do. Pandemic, Pandemic Legacy, Gears of War,Ticket to Ride,etc. She even agreed to backing Kingdom Death Monster 1.5 on Kickstarter. We've had Zombicide for a while which we both enjoy. She prefers the fantasy genre more in general so I bought her Black Plague(not her only gift) for Christmas. I wanted two things for her, one - be able to open a brand new shrink wrapped Black Plague game and two - be able to play right away with painted main characters.

To accomplish the above I purchased two special guest packs and painted six of the characters you see here. My painting skill is only slightly better than just slapping paint on a model as I have the only the basic understanding of highlight and shadow. Also Undraal's cloak is missing as I'm figuring feathers out. I also need better eye painting skills - and lot's of other painting skills but I'm learning and they're marginally better than bare plastic. I thought I would post anyway as I don't see many painted examples of these characters.

Also if these characters turn out to be too powerful for the base game we'll likely have to apply some house rules - until I get the base characters painted. I hope you enjoy these pictures or find them useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
Nice work!

And welcome to BGG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S.
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't knock that work at all, well done. If you enjoy the process you'll see your skill level grow rapidly. Have fun and good job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Horst Lightner

Castle Rock
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words. I just feel humbled at times by the awesome work I've seen others do. I've been at it for a few months- enough time to realize there is a bunch to learn. I am having fun with it. Amazing how quickly I can burn a day painting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.