Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Received my expansion today. Upon opening the box, notice the mechs were not in their respective "slot" but loose in the tray.

Looked into them and 3 of the Albion mechs had lost some of the smaller antennas. I was able to locate them in the tray. Too small to glue back. It's not major but a bit disappointing.

Wondering if others had similar experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Guibs wrote:
Received my expansion today. Upon opening the box, notice the mechs were not in their respective "slot" but loose in the tray.

Looked into them and 3 of the Albion mechs had lost some of the smaller antennas. I was able to locate them in the tray. Too small to glue back. It's not major but a bit disappointing.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1673685/crossing-my-fin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stonemaier Games has the best customer service in the hobby and will send you a replacement immediately. Posting it here won't help, you need to use their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My thread was reposted above. Mine was the same.

I have a feeling this could be an issue this time around. I'd like to hear if Jamey is hearing a lot about this?

It's a shame as the base game was so well packaged, I'm not sure why risk changing it, but Jamey said they tested it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torgo Shuffle
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my expansion recently and found that it was packed even better than the base game. The miniatures were packed snugly into their molded tray, the lid was in place and there was even a third layer, molded to the shape of the mechs, sitting on top of them just beneath the lid. No movement whatsoever. I don't know if all of them are like this or if the extra layer was added at a later stage in response to customer feedback, but it seems to do the trick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lloyd
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had the same problem as you. Several mechs were loose in the plastic tray and two Albion mechs had broken small smokestacks / antenna or whatever they are. I just glued them back on with GW plastic glue. I guess I'll find out how well they hold up.

I did contact Stonemaier games customer service via their website for a missing star in my base game. They promptly replaced it.

Sounds like they've already improved the packaging according to the more recent post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
torgoshuffle wrote:
I received my expansion recently and found that it was packed even better than the base game. The miniatures were packed snugly into their molded tray, the lid was in place and there was even a third layer, molded to the shape of the mechs, sitting on top of them just beneath the lid. No movement whatsoever. I don't know if all of them are like this or if the extra layer was added at a later stage in response to customer feedback, but it seems to do the trick

I too received mine with the third layer of molded plastic under the lid. A few mechs had snapped out of the tray but no breakages. I wondered also if this was a last minute change, after hearing about the other issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's my comment from the other thread (this thread is nearly identical):

"We actually tested out the expansion insert before production began, and what we found was that the mechs stayed in their slots if we taped the insert together. This made the foam unnecessary (compared to the base game, where there's a lot more stuff moving around in the box).

However, obviously that wasn't enough for your copy (and possibly others), and I'm sorry about that. It won't be a problem for the vast majority of miniatures. If some break and need to be replaced, we're to help. Glue also helps in some cases."

So far we've seen about a 2% breakage rate on the Albion mechs. The mechs shouldn't break in the first place, even if they come loose, so we're fixing that problem. Also, just in case, we've added an extra piece of plastic to the box (foam doesn't work as well for the expansion because of the height of the mechs).

The replacement parts form is here: http://stonemaiergames.com/replacement-parts/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jussi-Pekka Jokinen
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
At me!
badge
For the Marquise!
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
The mechs shouldn't break in the first place, even if they come loose, so we're fixing that problem.

I really LOVE this approach. You're fixing the actual cause of the problem instead of just burying it under some padding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the reply. I tried to glue them but it just seems to show and would easily break again. In any cases, I filled for replacement parts on StoneMaier's website and I'm sure I'll receive the new ones just fine.

Just excited now to play a game with these new factions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue:
3 of my green mechs in the expansion had no antenna at all. Additionally I was wondering why they were not fix inside the insert as the insert is working pretty well and is fixing the miniatures very tightly. It looks to me like somebody took the mechs by their heads and tried to push them inside the insert.....by that the antenna were broken.

Anyhow: I could glue them with Bluefixx.
https://www.amazon.com/BluFixx-BFSK2X7CB-Color-Repair-Starte...

I was lucky that all parts of the broken antenna (5 pieces - 1 green mech had 1 antenna remaining) were still inside the box.

I hope that glueing them is fixing the issue permanently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kara S
United States
Palmer
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guibs wrote:

Yes, same thing happened to me. The plastic tray was taped shut but none of the mechs were snug in place - they (and the characters!) were loose, jostled all inside the tray and 3 of the 4 Albion mechs each have a small antenna broken off, the tiny pieces in the bottom. I don't have any current way of fixing them.

Not sure if I will have them replaced or not - maybe they're just battle-worn mechs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.