T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just making sure I understand this.

If a new Invader type is spawned in the middle of the Activation Phase you do NOT add an Invader initiative card, correct?

Of course those new group could use one that is flipped up later in the same round...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:
Just making sure I understand this.

If a new Invader type is spawned in the middle of the Activation Phase you do NOT add an Invader initiative card, correct?

Of course those new group could use one that is flipped up later in the same round...

You do actually!

The only way an Invader can spawn additional groups during the activation phase is with the Infestation Threat Card being in play for that mission. Whenever a Marine opens a door and a new monster group spawns, an additional card is added to the initiative deck for the Invader for each new group coming onto the board (at the end of that Marine's turn).

This text is written right on the card if you need further clarification.

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I get for not reading the card! Thanks!

Edit: Although this was the Tutorial Mission which I don't think uses that card...hmmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Titeman wrote:

Edit: Although this was the Tutorial Mission which I don't think uses that card...hmmm...

There is no blanket rule about adding Initiative cards immediately when a new demon type spawns. Since there's a specific step of the Status Phase for preparing the Initiative deck, I see this to mean that, in general (and in the case of the tutorial specifically) you don't add a card until the next Status Phase (although you're free to activate your new demons with any remaining Invader cards in the Initiative deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Eater
msg tools
Webhead123 wrote:
Titeman wrote:

There is no blanket rule about adding Initiative cards immediately when a new demon type spawns. Since there's a specific step of the Status Phase for preparing the Initiative deck, I see this to mean that, in general (and in the case of the tutorial specifically) you don't add a card until the next Status Phase (although you're free to activate your new demons with any remaining Invader cards in the Initiative deck).

The infestation card has you add an initiative card at the end of a marines activation when new demons are spawned. Just throwing that in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooden Meeple Eater wrote:
The infestation card has you add an initiative card at the end of a marines activation when new demons are spawned. Just throwing that in.

Correct. This is a special case with the Infestation Threat card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.