Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey folks,

Just confirming what we believe is the correct interpretation of the rules: the Unbreakable Fighting Art is ignored when you are Doomed due to a trap being drawn from the hit location deck, correct? Or would this not apply in the same way as other fighting arts because it is passive?

While writing this we came up with another scenario which we didn't search for yet though. What happens if you have the Tough Fighting Art and you pull a trap? Are you immediately dead? If not, if you take one more damage while trapped (to give you 6 bleeding tokens) would that kill you or not?

Best,

Blue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Sams
msg tools
mbmb
Um.. what?

None of this makes any sense.. Unbreakable interacting with traps negatively? Tough killing you from drawing a trap? 6 bleeding tokens? I don't understand.

Could you elaborate?

EDIT: After looking at your question further, are you under the impression that doomed somehow disables your fighting arts? Also, are you confusing Tough with the fighting art that allows you to have 7 bleeding tokens? I believe that's called "Unconscious Fighter"

If that's the case, then the answer is no. You're not playing correctly. Traps do not disable fighting arts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Nudi
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great points, that was very sloppily written by me.

To clarify, yes, we meant Unconscious Fighter and not Tough.

In terms of Doomed, yes this normally does not disable Fighting Arts. However,

Spoiler (click to reveal)
in this case this was the Phoenix trap which does say that "you may not use Fighting Arts".

So in this case, I'm not sure how Unconscious Fighter or Unbreakable might interact with this particular trap.

My guess is that the intention is to stop survivors from getting around some of the effects of doomed by using Fighting Arts. However, interactions with at least Unconscious Fighter and Unbreakable would be odd against this monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Sams
msg tools
mbmb
Ahhh, it all makes sense. Sorry if I seemed rude, I was just thoroughly confused.

I don't think this is explicitly stated anywhere in the rules or an FAQ so it is entirely up to our interpretation.

I would rule that you are correct in that case. Unbreakable is unusable and any survivor with 5+ bleeding tokens would immediately die. Coincidentally, you would also ignore Tough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.