Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I'm overly picky, but is anybody else annoyed that the new boosters are on square bases?

Squares would be just fine, if they'd been using them all along, but flipping the script mid-stream???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Molyneaux
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
The comic character Nexus, by Mike Baron and Steve Rude
badge
The comic character Nexus, by Mike Baron and Steve Rude
mbmbmbmbmb
My problem with the new bases isn't the square-ish-ness of them. It's the new thickness. The new bases are considerably thicker than the old ones, apparently, just so they can slap a 'Star Wars' logo on it.

I really would have preferred more consistency with the bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
Yup. The Star Wars logo is completely unnecessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I *HATE* these new bases, man. Looks ridiculous, and totally screws up the look of the battlefield.

Thankfully, as I understand it this was a one-off "30th anniversary celebration" type deal, and we're back to circle bases next set.

I want the new starter and the Battle of Hoth pack...*drool*...so good times are ahead for SWM fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
franklincobb wrote:

I want the new starter and the Battle of Hoth pack...*drool*...so good times are ahead for SWM fans.

I hadn't heard of this. Where can I find more info?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobb Beauchamp
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The initial release of this set is in conjunction with and to commemorate the 30th anneversary of the release of the first film. If you don't like the square bases, wait until the second prduction run is available, and get those. Only the initial production run is supposed to have the commemorative bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
captkayoss wrote:
franklincobb wrote:

Here's some info on a CCG/CMG minis fansite that has the info for the Hoth pack and upcoming products:

http://www.decktech.net/heroclix/resources/buzz.php?id=8719

I've read about the starter somewhere (it's a six-pack with a new Vader, a new Old Ben, and a couple of scrubs for each side...and a new map, always a bonus.) Right now I can't remember where I read about it from.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kingbobb wrote:
The initial release of this set is in conjunction with and to commemorate the 30th anneversary of the release of the first film. If you don't like the square bases, wait until the second prduction run is available, and get those. Only the initial production run is supposed to have the commemorative bases.

Good to know! Thanks Bob.

franklincobb wrote:

Here's some info on a CCG/CMG minis fansite that has the info for the Hoth pack and upcoming products:

Looks intruiging. Thanks Ken!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
captkayoss wrote:
franklincobb wrote:

I've read about the starter somewhere (it's a six-pack with a new Vader, a new Old Ben, and a couple of scrubs for each side...and a new map, always a bonus.) Right now I can't remember where I read about it from.

Clarification the new starter Vader and Obi are older figures.

The Vader is the one from the Revenge of the Sith set; the Obi is the one from Rebel Storm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Kruis
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait until the Unleash the Force Huge boosters come out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.