Subject: $10 gets you a box of 50 assorted HP TCG packs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bleacher Creature
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought three boxes so far as that's all I've been able to find. Locally, I've found them at the Meijers stores in the collectible card section of the toy department. It's a pretty good deal as you get a variety (50 total) of Harry Potter themed booster packs for only $10.

The first box I bought had a strong Quidditch Cup theme with maybe 25 packs of that. Then maybe a dozen base game packs and 4 Chamber of Secrets packs. Then the surprise was about 10 movie trading card packs from Wizards of the Sorcerer's Stone film.

Second box had a near 50-50 mix of base game and Quidditch Cup with a Diagon Alley pack and a couple more Chamber of Secrets boosters. Also, about 5 Artbox movie trading card packs on the Goblet of Fire movie.

The third box had the nicest surprise - 10 Chamber of Secrets packs! Also, one Adventures at Hogwarts pack. Then a very strong number of base game boosters and just a few (less than a dozen) Quidditch Cup boosters.

All in all, it's been a cheap way of getting a whole lot of HP TCG cards. The boxes are bluish in color with a very busy pattern to them and all the boosters stand up in a long row so it's maybe about 12" long x 5" high and maybe 4" deep.

Picture of box: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/188050
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
another report said these were at wal-mart, but my local store didn't seem to have any. judging by the box art, it doesn't look like this is being handled by wotc directly. is there a company name and/or web site printed on the outside?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleacher Creature
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Box says:

Copyright 2005
MJ Holding Company, LLC * Bedford Park, IL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that info quickly turned up beckett associates. thanks for the reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ramstad
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone found an online vendor selling these?

It seems like a nice alternative to buying booster boxes, especially if one is trying to get the flavor of the game as opposed to collecting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i just contacted beckett. all they could offer was that their products are carried by wal-mart, meijer's, kroger, duane reade, and select 7-11s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like similar packs that have shown up for Star Wars CCG, Lord of the Rings TCG, Dragonball Z, and many others.

I spoke with a guy who runs an online CCG store and he said that there are a few companies out there who will buy "dead" product from the manufacturer, who is usually desperate to get rid of it. They will get massive discounts on it, repackage it, and sell it on the cheap.

You can usually tell them by the packaging--if it features the name of what's inside, it usually won't use any official logos or fonts on them. (The Star Wars packages were hilarious with these horrible drawings and people dressed vaguely like Star Wars characters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.