Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A new RCD is now available for down load from BGG. You can find the new RCD for Next Wave in the "Files" section on the Tide of Iron: Next Wave game link - I'm still a bit confused why BGG made two different links for the same game.

This new RCD only applies to the Next Wave version of the game.

If you only have the older version of the game, there is information in the document explaining how to get the Next Wave edition rule booklets to upgrade your older copy of the game.

Click here Tide of Iron: Next Wave to go to the game link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I recently bought TOI and the only thing I need to do is download the next wave pdf from http://1agames.com/tide-of-iron-next-wave-downloads/ and your RCD. Is there anything else I should look into?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus A
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
This RCD reads very well and is quite helpful. Thank you.

One small recommendation I have is to indicate which deck a cited strategy card can be found. Otherwise the reader may need to look through a number of decks before finding the card in question.

Perhaps...

Desperation card (Morale Deck I)
Hardened Veterans card (Reinforcement decks)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bundok wrote:
I recently bought TOI and the only thing I need to do is download the next wave pdf from http://1agames.com/tide-of-iron-next-wave-downloads/ and your RCD. Is there anything else I should look into?

Some of the expansions for the game. Some were available at fantastic prices with FFG's holiday sale, but the sale has ended. Keep an eye out for a good deal on the expansions. The Days of the Fox expansion will be the hardest (and most expensive) expansion to find.

RomanLegions wrote:
One small recommendation I have is to indicate which deck a cited strategy card can be found. Otherwise the reader may need to look through a number of decks before finding the card in question.

Perhaps...

Desperation card (Morale Deck I)
Hardened Veterans card (Reinforcement decks)

This is a very good idea. I'm tempted to include this now and upload a new file, but it might be better to wait until the next update (if there is one) so not to have multiple same versions floating around.

The cards mentioned in the RCD are:
Major Offensive (Command Deck I)
Critical Objective (Command Deck I)
Take Cover (Morale Deck I)
Desperation (Morale Deck I)
Preparations (Morale Deck I)
Increased Priority (Artillery Deck I & II)
Hardened Veterans (German & American Reinforcement decks)*
*Can also be found in the British and Soviet reinforcement decks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus A
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just noticed that Desperation and Take Cover are also found in Morale Deck II, from Days of the Fox.

The cost of Take Cover was cut from 4 to 2 command in the later deck, but the text is the same for both cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RomanLegions wrote:
I just noticed that Desperation and Take Cover are also found in Morale Deck II, from Days of the Fox.

The cost of Take Cover was cut from 4 to 2 command in the later deck, but the text is the same for both cards.

The new RCD only applies to Tide of Iron: Next Wave.

As for the Take Cover card, no worries. For Tide of Iron: Next Wave, the Take Cover card in Morale Deck I cost 2 command. This was going to be the same in the Tide of Iron: Days of the Fox expansion (when released by 1Agmaes), but the project was stopped short when the license was lost.

BGG made two different links for basically the same game. Click on the title below to go to the other game link.

Tide of Iron: Next Wave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.