Hide
6 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: New game ships' location rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Chaffer
msg tools
Apologies in advance for this most basic of questions. I've scoured the forums and the rule book but can't see the answer anywhere. Maybe it's so obvious there was no need to codify it.

I'm assuming that all ships start each new game back in their home harbours, sans damage and upgrades?

Played that way after the prologue but realised later it was not really a conscious decision, it just seemed logical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You set up the game every game according to the setup in the rulebook (page 4).
Putting the ships in their home harbor is one of the steps, otherwise they would start in the province box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Chaffer
msg tools
Thanks, but I guess what I am asking is where does it say in the rules that the ships are moved off their current hexes into the home harbour or the province box for that matter. Page 21 of the rules describes all the tokens, markers and cards that go back into the province box at game end but is silent on ships.

I know I'm being obtuse but it's odd that there is no clear description of what happens to the ships. I just wondered if they stayed where they were on the board, rather than gong back to harbour.

But I agree it seems logical that they should start in the harbour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They were omitted I guess. The rules are not well written, you have to guess the intent all the time.

You are supposed to store the game in the box between each game, so non stickers can't stay on the board between games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Stevenchaffer wrote:

But I agree it seems logical that they should start in the harbour.

It's not just logical, the game rules clearly tell you to put them in the harbor when setting up the game. It doesn't really matter where you store them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Cothran

Texas
msg tools
Stevenchaffer wrote:
I'm assuming that all ships start each new game back in their home harbours, sans damage and upgrades?

Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.