Dead of Winter (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Lack of SP counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GRS
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started set up "Doomed Assault of something better" scenario and in the middle of the CSA set up I found myself lack of 3/4 SP counters. There was enough of them for Union and for Hardee Corps, but not enough for Polk's Corps. Along with definitelly too small number of the Ammo Depletion counters and some mistakes on the map and set up, I found this game as one of the worstly published GMT games I ever played. Or maybe my copy is somehow screwed up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Byrne
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having compiled the Errata for this game, I agree it needed a bit more development before publication. I regard none of its problems, however, as crucial. Dedicated GBACW players will take the time to resolve them, as, after all, the game treats the Battle of Stones River as no other game does, features 10 scenarios, and was designed by Dave Powell, an authority on the western battles. However, I can understand that players coming to the game for the first time would indeed experience a measure of frustration.

While I have not played this particular scenario yet (I did play "Doomed Assault"), I'd be happy to attempt helping with any of the problems you've had with "mistakes on the map and set up".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GRS
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there are some hexes that are not numbered properly. This is not a biggest problem, but might be confusing.
More irritating might be something like set up issue"
Union Set up, center, 42 IN, 3 OH without a hex to place 'em.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Byrne
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, GRS. I'm unfortunately at work now, but will research this problem this evening (Wisconsin time), unless someone else posts a solution before then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Laubach
United States
Rockport
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grisz wrote:
Well, there are some hexes that are not numbered properly. This is not a biggest problem, but might be confusing.
More irritating might be something like set up issue"
Union Set up, center, 42 IN, 3 OH without a hex to place 'em.

When I first set up the Cyberboard gamebox for the Doomed Assault, or Something Better scenario, I thought that 42 IN and 3 OH were stacked with 15 KY in A4231. Clearly that is an overstack, so place them in A4331 and drive on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GRS
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Aurora
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use strength point counters from other games to take up the slack, but I agree, would have been nice to have enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.