Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Ave Roma» Forums » General

Subject: Ave Roma reprint in 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
"We had very good feedbacks since the release and fortunately the game was fully sold out pretty fast during the Essen 2016 fair. We get many questions about where you can buy the game. So it is obvious, we are planning the reprint for the retail version. For improving the quality and logistic we decided to go to Poland with the manufacturing (including the reprint and our future complex games).

To make our planning phase more accurate, we would like to collect information about the interest for our reprint. If you would like to buy additional copy or you missed our campaign entirely, please fill out the following form. This is not count as a preorder yet, but when we reach the production we will contact you and you will have a chance to make a real order/preorder. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdv6Da8jIESnk5YQZQG...

We accept applications from retailers and distributors too. So if you would like to sell our game(s) or would like to have cooperation with our publisher, feel free to contact us via this form also."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Tomsett
United Kingdom
Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the game, but no expansions. I am definitely interested in the expansions only if a reprint is going to happen.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us who were Kickstarter backers, it would be nice to receive our games first before we start thinking about expansions.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Montoya
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
PLAY MORE BOARDGAMES!
badge
“I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up.” ― Marty Feldman
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
For those of us who were Kickstarter backers, it would be nice to receive our games first before we start thinking about expansions.


An unfortunately very true understatement...
soblue
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yldarr wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
For those of us who were Kickstarter backers, it would be nice to receive our games first before we start thinking about expansions.


An unfortunately very true understatement...
soblue


Actually I was holding back on how really pissed off I really am.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Fagan
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
It's starting to look like retailers in Europe might be able to get a supply of a second print run on this before it ever sees the light of day in the US, even to those who backed the project. And almost half of the all backers came from the US.

For those of us who really wanted a copy of this, we would have been far better off trying to order one off the secondary market through channels in Europe rather than sitting over here waiting for a shipment that may, or may not ever arrive.

I wish I could say this in some level of satire, but sadly it's pretty spot on.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate your response Stephen. I'm a little surprised that there are not more gamers complaining. This sort of feels like; "Well we've already got your money so tough sh** if you haven't got your game yet." I'm done with anything coming from A-Games in perpetuity. I don't care if it's on top of the hotness for weeks. The way customers are treated and informed is important. Especially on Kickstarter where you put your trust in a company to fund their project. And one last thing and then I'll get off my soapbox. If my game arrives with damaged pieces like others are reporting, I will add my voice to the others. Woefully overdue and damaged components. Not good. Not good at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
I appreciate your response Stephen. I'm a little surprised that there are not more gamers complaining. This sort of feels like; "Well we've already got your money so tough sh** if you haven't got your game yet." I'm done with anything coming from A-Games in perpetuity. I don't care if it's on top of the hotness for weeks. The way customers are treated and informed is important. Especially on Kickstarter where you put your trust in a company to fund their project. And one last thing and then I'll get off my soapbox. If my game arrives with damaged pieces like others are reporting, I will add my voice to the others. Woefully overdue and damaged components. Not good. Not good at all.


I understand your opinion. With Happyshops and the worldwide shippment we were pretty lucky, they did they job well I think. They were communicative and helpful with us. That was a smoooth cooperation.
With the manufacturing, freight shippments, EU and US customs, also with Ship Naked, we weren't that lucky. Minor and major issues occured. We sent out the US copies at the same time as the others, in the middle of September. We don't have those resources as a huge company has, still we made very hard work to keep our timeline. And still... you see. We are a first-time Kickstarter company and unfortunately we have a learning curve to take, even after a long preparation.
What we can do, we take all necessary responsibility and learn from every issues to improve our solutions in the future, also handle any case which occures now (like replacements, etc.).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vortex7777 wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
I appreciate your response Stephen. I'm a little surprised that there are not more gamers complaining. This sort of feels like; "Well we've already got your money so tough sh** if you haven't got your game yet." I'm done with anything coming from A-Games in perpetuity. I don't care if it's on top of the hotness for weeks. The way customers are treated and informed is important. Especially on Kickstarter where you put your trust in a company to fund their project. And one last thing and then I'll get off my soapbox. If my game arrives with damaged pieces like others are reporting, I will add my voice to the others. Woefully overdue and damaged components. Not good. Not good at all.


I understand your opinion. With Happyshops and the worldwide shippment we were pretty lucky, they did they job well I think. They were communicative and helpful with us. That was a smoooth cooperation.
With the manufacturing, freight shippments, EU and US customs, also with Ship Naked, we weren't that lucky. Minor and major issues occured. We sent out the US copies at the same time as the others, in the middle of September. We don't have those resources as a huge company has, still we made very hard work to keep our timeline. And still... you see. We are a first-time Kickstarter company and unfortunately we have a learning curve to take, even after a long preparation.
What we can do, we take all necessary responsibility and learn from every issues to improve our solutions in the future, also handle any case which occures now (like replacements, etc.).


I genuinely appreciate your response. I'm not sniping, I, and apparently others are just frustrated. If there's a positive take away from all this, at least you can take comfort from knowing that we really want to play your game!!! As for the rest, paraphrasing your post; live and learn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems Ship Naked would be a better target for your ire. If they were going to put this game at the bottom of the list of what they needed to do, maybe they shouldn't have taken on the responsibility.

Anyway, I've been around long enough to hear complaints from the far corners of the world as they wait for games that we in the US are playing months before they get theirs. Turn about, teaching patience to the Americans.

And yes, I'm still waiting impatiently for mine! And I think A-Games has done as good a job of communicating with us as most of the other Kickstarter companies I've backed.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
sodaklady wrote:
Seems Ship Naked would be a better target for your ire


In agreement with you on this point. I'm still disappointed that so many are complaining about damaged components. I can't lay that one at the feet of Shipnaked. After backing about 15 Kickstarters (several shipped Shipnaked), this is the first I have heard multiple complaints of damaged components. But, I will give A-Games a pass this time based upon live & learn. However, if they ever do produce another game I'm interested in, I'll be asking lots of questions about inserts before backing.

There actually was a scientific study done on when gamers experience the most enjoyment from a new board game. Second was actually playing the game. Surprisingly number one was opening the game box for the first time. Nobody wants to have their first experience with a new game turn out to be opening the box to find damaged components.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
MrMzchf wrote:
sodaklady wrote:
Seems Ship Naked would be a better target for your ire


In agreement with you on this point. I'm still disappointed that so many are complaining about damaged components. I can't lay that one at the feet of Shipnaked. After backing about 15 Kickstarters (several shipped Shipnaked), this is the first I have heard multiple complaints of damaged components. But, I will give A-Games a pass this time based upon live & learn. However, if they ever do produce another game I'm interested in, I'll be asking lots of questions about inserts before backing.


What we do of course, we send every requested replacement what is asked from us (or more).
Still we made an agreement with our current manufacturing partner to move our complex games to Poland, as that is in our customer's best interest. That Polish company is more prepared for these type of complex games. They work with Pegasus, Rebel, etc., so they seems promising.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vortex7777 wrote:
MrMzchf wrote:
sodaklady wrote:
Seems Ship Naked would be a better target for your ire


In agreement with you on this point. I'm still disappointed that so many are complaining about damaged components. I can't lay that one at the feet of Shipnaked. After backing about 15 Kickstarters (several shipped Shipnaked), this is the first I have heard multiple complaints of damaged components. But, I will give A-Games a pass this time based upon live & learn. However, if they ever do produce another game I'm interested in, I'll be asking lots of questions about inserts before backing.


What we do of course, we send every requested replacement what is asked from us (or more).
Still we made an agreement with our current manufacturing partner to move our complex games to Poland, as that is in our customer's best interest. That Polish company is more prepared for these type of complex games. They work with Pegasus, Rebel, etc., so they seems promising.


Total props on your customer responsiveness to this issuethumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Woody
United States
Pottsboro
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm trying to reform though.
badge
On the restless road to nowhere, there's no certain peace it seems.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, my copy finally being here I am mollified.

Please print as many copies as you can sell so I can find players at meet ups.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I received mine today, too. The contents were a bit of a jumble since there is no insert of any kind, some of the chits had self-punched, and some of the cards had come out of their paper sleeves but none of the pieces were damaged. The quality of all the components is excellent.

The one thing I would recommend for the reprint is sealing the decks of cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.