United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Last August, I had written about my Web of Power experience at the World Boardgaming Championship in Lancaster, PA, commenting that I hoped I could pick up a copy when I went to Essen, Germany in October for the Essen Spiele. I was good on this mission and had picked up Kardinal and Konig, which I hope to cart back to the WBC in August this year.

For the last seven months, however, the game had sat untouched. I had managed to play all of my other Essen acquisitions, so on a whim, I took the game up to Bobby Tweak's Wednesday Night Spiele and got it on the table in a four-layer game.

VuduJoie, Dan, Jared, and I set up the cards, monastaries, and advisors and began our game. Dan and Jared had never played before, and I was happy because I had been playing the online version and taking out the computer opponents on a pretty regular basis. Aiming for concentrating my advisors in the adjacent nations when I could, in the first round, I led scoring because of some lucky ties in majority with the monastaries. In the second half of the game, I figured it would be easy pickings to add more advisors while others went back to capture more nations.

This did not turn out to be the case. Dan had an amazing string of advisors that netted him over 20 points between Lotthringen, England, Frankreich, and Aragon. Each had between three and five advisors, so the points were massive, making him the winner. VuduJoie came in second because of a string of four and a strong majority in Franken. I held third and Jared come in fourth.

I hope to bring this game back a few more times before August to try to get my skills against human opponents back on par. Nevertheless, you have to appreciate the complexities of this game which appears so simple at first glance. I look forward to mastering the art of placing advisors!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.