Hide
4 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death» Forums » General

Subject: overpower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
juan b
msg tools
its true that the characters get overpower in the middle of the game ? some way to fix that if it true thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koziatek
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansions carry tougher monsters for you to fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Lieberoth
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on the luck of the draw. Each posse is different, but yup, it's a problem.

Some posses will end up with gear combos, that render all ordinary enemies pretty toothless around level 4 or 5.

It's true that some expansions, especially Trederra and the Undead Outlaw, turn things on their heads by coming at you from new angles other than pure in-your-face fighting. You can also choose to leave enemies that are too easy out of your decks, but overall I'd say that the balance potentially getting shot midway is one of the major problems with this game. In my experience the problem is in the accumulation of loot, not in the character advancement itself.

We had to double enemy HPs around level 5, because the fastest heroes (lucky advancement rolls and crazy loot) would plow through monsters before they event got to act, which also took the fun out of the game for slower characters. At the moment we play with brutal enemies at double HP and +1 defense, which mitigates that particular problem, making the game fun again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I work with two character posses, which means they're much slower to get powerful Gear and Artifacts or to work up to unbalanced combos. Still, things were unbalanced in our favor once I got to Level 4, and so I switched to using Medium and Epic Threat cards instead of Low and High ones, which did a lot to restore difficulty. The expansion enemies are definitely more difficult, and Trederra is unquestionably the toughest, most dangerous place to venture in the entire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.