Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm toying with the idea of getting a WOW club started at my school in the fall in addition to Battlelore.
Having the kids purchase their own minis would be great as each would come with its own manoeuvre deck. Rules could be simply printed or copied in numerous amounts. Even the player boards could be improvised easily enough. Tokens...shouldn't be a problem. I guess the only concern would be damage decks. Granted up to four players could use one type of damage deck per game, but if a club is to run properly one would need numerous damage decks. I suppose you could buy a few core sets, or maybe construct your own damage decks that match the original.
Would be great if damage decks were sold separately. I think it would be a lot easier to get more people into the game if they were.
Any other ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find the posting--

What is it that we AREN'T getting a chance to buy in an English version? "Deluxe?"

I'm remembering a set with 4 planes and the rulebook and THINKING that I remember the set also had rulers and damage decks. Does it have a countersheet too? (That's where we normally find the rulers.)

I'm thinking that, if it's really got all that, that this set would be a really good item for folks to pick up who don't have one of the boxed games. Even tho the rulebook is in Italian (or one of the other languages given), we can download the English version... and everything else in the box is something folks need to play.

I should think FFG could simply print off color copies of the English rules, shrink wrap them with the box, with the rulebook on the back side and including a cover sheet (the part you see through the shrink wrap) that explains what's happening... and I think you'd have a hot product for all the new arrivals to the WoW system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, Palpatine!

kduke wrote:
I should think FFG could simply print off color copies of the English rules, shrink wrap them with the box, with the rulebook on the back side and including a cover sheet (the part you see through the shrink wrap) that explains what's happening... and I think you'd have a hot product for all the new arrivals to the WoW system.

Yes they could. But if they wanted to put that item on the English-speaking market, they could just ask Nexus for copies with the English booklet inside, as they do for the other sets - no need for any explanation. They just decided that they prefer not to market it. Their choice...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I remember something thinking this could undermine sales of the box games.

I actually think they're leaving more money on the table than they could hope to make from some unwilling box game purchases... but that's just my (professional marketing person) opinion.

Oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would probably be pretty easy to construct your own damage decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.