Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Zooloretto last night with two and have the strangest feeling we were missing something.

With two spare enclosures each and 3 animal types removed, it meant we had 5 animal types and 5 enclosures. We finished pretty much with every enclosure full or nearly and nothing in the barns. My opponent managed every animal type and I doubled up on Zebras near the end but there never seemed to be any tension.

This is a complete reversal from the 4 player game where almost everyone struggled to keep the barns empty.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wondering whether removing a number of each animal type (rather than complete types of animals) and some of the vending and money tiles may work in tightening up the two player game.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schacht
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi James!

With the two player variant it often happens that you have no animal or vending in the barn (so, it seems that you played correct). Here is much more money in the game and therefore you have more options to organize. it has a different feeling (f. e. less buying) especially to the 5-player game.

If you want to change the number of animals in the game then i would suggest to add one kind (not to remove).

Nice dice
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply Michael.

I don't think it will be played as a two player game in my group although it'll be ideal with my younger son.

The game shines with 3+ though and is my pick for the SdJ this year. Good luck!!.

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Gill
United States
Chino Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got the game and played last night with my 8 year old daughter. We had the same issue, no problems with extra animals in the barn. In fact my daughter ended the game with 3 coins to spare and nothing to spend it on. While this is an entertaining game for my kids, I can't see the 2 player holding any adults attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.