Don Gerbracht
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can anyone help me get in touch with a National Games Week organizer or Games Quarterly? I won a prize from National Games Week and was hoping to collect it if it still was available but I can't get in touch with them. Thier website is nonexistant and the phone number I had is out of service. Games Quarterly is also in limbo because of the buyout. So I finally win something and it looks like I'm out of luck.

Even though the drawing was in the winter I had no idea that I had won until my brother pointed it out in his copy of the spring 2007 Games Quarterly. I'm not sure if I even received notification from National Games Week. However if they sent email it's entirely possible that it was spam filtered.

Any help in getting in touch with a National Games week organizer or a employee at Games Quarterly would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Len Robinson
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hello! National Games Week or Games Quartely! Anyone hom
Games Quarterly folded so I'm thinking you are out of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Gerbracht
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is one sponsored or owned by the other? I wasn't sure. All I know is that Games Quartely posted the winners so I thought they may be able to get me in touch with National Games Week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Williams
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hello! National Games Week or Games Quartely! Anyone hom
Matthews Simmons Marketing (MSM) owned them all:

Quote:
Mr. Simmons further announced that MSM is closing after 16 years of service to the games industry. He noted the closure was forced by mounting bad accounts receivable through the past eighteen months and recent losses due to the launch of Games Expo 2007. Games Quarterly Magazine's publication has ceased. National Games Week, according to Mr. Simmons, is a phenomenon that is likely to continue, with or without management. "However," stated Mr. Simmons, "who knows what the future will bring?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Gerbracht
United States
Amherst
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Newman!

Well, thanks for the info guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.