Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew J
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the new update to the iOS version of TS and the introduction of the Turn Zero cards, I've noticed the AI takes a lot longer to process its decisions. Sure, there were always circumstances in the prior version where the AI would take a frustratingly long time to make its decision (such as when it was the Soviet player trying to decide what to do with the De-Stalinization event), but with the new update it seems to be considerably slower as a general rule.

Is this because some upgrade was supposedly made to its capabilities? I recall reading that it was anticipated that the AI might go through upgrades as data was gathered on numerous game plays, but having only played a single game against it since the upgrade it doesn't seem to be startlingly smarter (though that being said, I was playing a game of Turn Zero as the Soviet Player, got a number of favorable outcomes in the setup, and was pushed to round 10 before emerging victorious--though admittedly this is probably as much due to some really crappy hand draws and the fact that I'm definitely not in contention for being the greatest TS player either). Not sure how many people actually routinely play against the AI and whether the number of players who do would warrant upgrading the AI, particularly with as delayed as certain elements of the digital release were anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The AI still doesn't really defend Europe well. I can take France and Italy relatively easily. Then in the Mid to Late War start pushing into West Germany. Even when the AI holds the Europe scoring card it doesn't defend the battlegrounds and continues to push realignments and coups in non-BGs in Africa, SA and CA...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AI definitively slowed down. Also, still making IP war headlines. With turn zero is worse. It plays the dummy card 4 out of 6 times.

Also, most turn zero crisis effects are not working and there are new bugs that affect end gaming cards such as wargames and first lightning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Wharton
msg tools
Agreed, the AI is slower for each turn, but I don't see as many freezes or longer than normal decisions. I don't detect any upgrade in play - I mostly play the first turn deal/set up and headline and then until my "plan" has either worked or not. I rarely play the game to completion.

I still get a kick out of the Soviet Turn 1 AR 1 Philippine coup with the China card - at least the AI does have a "signature move"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aeroguru1978 wrote:
With the new update to the iOS version of TS and the introduction of the Turn Zero cards, I've noticed the AI takes a lot longer to process its decisions.

Sounds like a case of AI AP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ioannis Chatzigiannelis
Greece
Ag. Paraskevi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least it stopped couping Philippines with China on AR1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Wharton
msg tools
I find it continues to coup the Philippines w/China on AR 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Beverly Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After several more plays, I feel confident in saying the AI is no better, just slower.

There also appear to be a few more bugs (or incorrectly implemented rules) with the app. I've had some crashes, and is First Lightning really supposed to decrease DEFCON even if you space it? I guess spacing a card is still using its ops--really sucks to get dealt that card as the USSR if you also hold CIA at DEFCON 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamuki (Jueguetistorias)
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First Lighthing thing is a bug. See https://www.reddit.com/r/twilightstruggle/comments/5jdxwv/tu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls