Subject: Some Qustions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kolyo Kostov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to ask more questions about the game:

1. I noticed some entrances and exits out of the Sacrificial Chamber Map (6) - am I wrong or there are mistakes? Here are the ones I found out of the map per scenario:

Exit (13Q) - Scenario 6A and 6B
Acolyte Exit (16A) - Scenario 6A
Entrance A (2L) - Scenario 6C
Acolyte Exit (2M) - Scenario 6C

2.Can a player use Victim cards in their hand for all purposes (attack, movement, special, defend, rest)?

3. Can a player use left over action points to boost his atack when Charging and Bashing?

4.Are scenarios, which are not labeled as standalone, recommended mostly for campaign play? Because we play them this way and we almost run as fast as we can to the exit and fight from time to time. Are there something we are supposed to do that we missed - maybe collect all the treasures or save the victims, because there's no big incentive to do this in a stand alone approach. Maybe it's easier to run because we play with only 2 heroes on easy mode with low variation Responce deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
Kolender wrote:
I want to ask more questions about the game:

1. I noticed some entrances and exits out of the Sacrificial Chamber Map (6) - am I wrong or there are mistakes? Here are the ones I found out of the map per scenario:

Exit (13Q) - Scenario 6A and 6B
Acolyte Exit (16A) - Scenario 6A
Entrance A (2L) - Scenario 6C
Acolyte Exit (2M) - Scenario 6C

2.Can a player use Victim cards in their hand for all purposes (attack, movement, special, defend, rest)?

3. Can a player use left over action points to boost his atack when Charging and Bashing?

4.Are scenarios, which are not labeled as standalone, recommended mostly for campaign play? Because we play them this way and we almost run as fast as we can to the exit and fight from time to time. Are there something we are supposed to do that we missed - maybe collect all the treasures or save the victims, because there's no big incentive to do this in a stand alone approach. Maybe it's easier to run because we play with only 2 heroes on easy mode with low variation Responce deck.

The answer to 3. im sure is no - see the individual descriptions of the actions in the rulebook.
The only time you can use actionpoints to boost other actions than movement if is there is a circle around that action on the wheel - and then it's 2:1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
Have you listened to our YouTube Podcast "Die Nische" yet? :)
mbmbmbmbmb
2.) Yes.

3.) True.If it is not mentioned you can not boost actions that way.

And yes, all scenarios (except tHe standalone ones) are meant to be played as a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolyo Kostov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers!
I read through the missions till the end of the campaign and I'm surprised the goal in the last mission is to escape again. I presume it will be really hard as I haven't look through the setup, but what was the goal? To just run through the whole dungeon?
I really like the tactical gameplay, hand management and euro mechanics! But the objective is almost always the same - escape through the exit - it feels a bit anticlimactic maybe. And part of the reason would be the one-shot easier mode we play to get familiar with the game as we've been warned it can be extremely hard and we want not so much pressure. Though I'm a little confused by the primary goal of almost all missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kolender wrote:
Thanks for the answers!
I read through the missions till the end of the campaign and I'm surprised the goal in the last mission is to escape again. I presume it will be really hard as I haven't look through the setup, but what was the goal? To just run through the whole dungeon?
I really like the tactical gameplay, hand management and euro mechanics! But the objective is almost always the same - escape through the exit - it feels a bit anticlimactic maybe. And part of the reason would be the one-shot easier mode we play to get familiar with the game as we've been warned it can be extremely hard and we want not so much pressure. Though I'm a little confused by the primary goal of almost all missions.

The actual goal is to prevent the Cult to summon the demon. And if the Demon IS summoned, you will have to kill it.

So exiting alone isn't enough.

It should be said that Hideout and WG offer much more varying goal structure and upcoming Soul Spire even more variety. The reason for PM:AR to have 'exit' as primary goal is to reach the demon in time. So storywise it's explained. And surely one of the Heroes should actually survive the killing of demon for the Heroes to be winners, or what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolyo Kostov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers, Timo!

Well, maybe that's my preference then. I would like some variety in goals for so many missions, as I have only the Retail version.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't remember anything written on the scenario 8A and 8B about killing the Demon as objective.

Hope I don't look rude or offending. Wish you and the whole team the best! Keep up the great work and have a nice holiday time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolyo Kostov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to leave a wrong impression and to add that the missions DO feel different enough with all the unique terrain and different villain setup. Even multiple setups over one map feel really dirrerent as challenge from each other.

I just wish maybe there is a small boss in the middle of the campaign, or something like that, but maybe that would be brutal for the heroes in thematic sense and they couldn't reach the lowest level in the dungeon.

As I think about it - Chi'leens and Summoners DO feel like small bosses

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo Multamäki
Finland
ASKA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kolender wrote:
I don't want to leave a wrong impression and to add that the missions DO feel different enough with all the unique terrain and different villain setup. Even multiple setups over one map feel really dirrerent as challenge from each other.

I just wish maybe there is a small boss in the middle of the campaign, or something like that, but maybe that would be brutal for the heroes in thematic sense and they couldn't reach the lowest level in the dungeon.

As I think about it - Chi'leens and Summoners DO feel like small bosses

Don't worry. You will notice that all enemies are tough enough. And even if the goals seem similar, the means to accomplish the task are vastly diverse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.