England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://flic.kr/s/aHskKmgZcP

I will add some detail to some of these.

A lot was known to me from the past few years (very pleasing to be able to recognise so many) but there were still tons I'd never seen before. And sadly, I did miss one chunk of tables in the J-section. By 4pm, people were already packing up to leave, so it was really walking, snapping, walking, snapping, just to cover as much ground as possible.

I'm uploading some video too.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Antunes
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
Hey, mouseover!
badge
Hey, mouseover!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

Is the square table for used games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
What is the sound of one card shuffling?
mbmbmbmbmb
https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/128542640@N05/30981462943/in/s...

Oooooh Tokyo Highway looks great! Gotta find a place to get that and Unicornus Knights in the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zepo wrote:
Cool!

Is the square table for used games?

Yes, I think it was. The show was split into two adjoining halls, the smaller one having the TRPG tables, food trucks and other bits including this 2nd hand game stall. But I only went around this hall before opening at 10am (the opening photos show this hall), and didn't get back round it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
United States
Syosset
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great photos! I love browsing the games virtually. My head and wallet would explode if I was there because I would get AP just trying to figure out what to get. I already have enough trouble choosing from games that have plentiful video reviews and downloadable rules. I would be overwhelmed going in blind with so many alluring choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I was there and I got to see very very little. Mainly my own booth. So I really appreciate these photos... to see what I missed out on. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Hilton
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Amazing Photos, thanks for posting. I'm hoping I can make it next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl T.
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for sharing these photos! I love seeing the enthusiasm of the smaller indie companies in promoting their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Flickr, I can see how many views each image has. On that album, the first images have 250+ views. That tails off to 170+ quickly, then it keeps dropping and dropping! Only fewer than 50 diehards stay all the way through shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl T.
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
On Flickr, I can see how many views each image has. On that album, the first images have 250+ views. That tails off to 170+ quickly, then it keeps dropping and dropping! Only fewer than 50 diehards stay all the way through shake

For some reason, the images for the first few pages load perfectly fine for me. But starting from the 4th page onwards, a few images don't load properly despite repeated refreshing. By the 6th page, I can't view any images at all. I'm quite sure it's a problem on my end, but at least that's my excuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadow_bind wrote:
For some reason, the images for the first few pages load perfectly fine for me. But starting from the 4th page onwards, a few images don't load properly despite repeated refreshing. By the 6th page, I can't view any images at all. I'm quite sure it's a problem on my end, but at least that's my excuse.

That's interesting, thank you for telling me. I suspect it's the cache on your browser. If you're able to clear the cache, that might help. I have terrible trouble loading picture/video heavy pages, and I often have to reboot to get going again.

Try looking at one photo directly on Flickr, then use the right arrow on your keyboard to keep stepping through (or the little slider gallery under the image).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl T.
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
That's interesting, thank you for telling me. I suspect it's the cache on your browser. If you're able to clear the cache, that might help. I have terrible trouble loading picture/video heavy pages, and I often have to reboot to get going again.

Try looking at one photo directly on Flickr, then use the right arrow on your keyboard to keep stepping through (or the little slider gallery under the image).

Yeah, it seems like the full cache was the culprit. I've added to the view count of the final page by +1 now (hopefully).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ex1st wrote:
I was there and I got to see very very little. Mainly my own booth. So I really appreciate these photos... to see what I missed out on. Thanks.

I apologise Charles, but I missed your booth. By accident. I missed about 140 of the booths under my purview (I skipped the second hall after the show started) but it's just impossible to get to everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ward
Japan
Matsumoto
Nagano
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries. 550 is a lot to cover. I had some promo cards for KIKA and brought only 200 or so. Silly me! Next year I will nail them all!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d47 in 808
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for those. You have lots of great detail shots of many amazing-looking games.

I had just decided to take out an advertisement in the next catalog offering translation services and was encouraged to see the great number of high-quality designs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.