Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1700 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [68] | 

Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: SoB : Evo (OL) vs Luke & Duhtch (Heroes) - Double Team the Constrictess rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello and welcome to this Descent campaign. This game will include the Sea of Blood campaign expansion, dungeon levels from the Road to Legend campaign, as well as the three main expansions: Well of Darkness, Altar of Despair and Tomb of Ice. And some House rules.

Dramatis personae:

Four brave adventurers have volunteered to brave the dangers of this world, and their evil counterpart also appeared from the shadows, eager to exploit their vices:

Overlord:
Evo

Heroes:
Duhtch and Luke

Advice/commentary: anyone and everyone!

Moderator - collective
Cards - TBA

Rules:

Bold your orders! Non-bolded orders will be treated as commentary and I will ignore them! I welcome discussion/tactical planning but I need to differentiate game moves and fluff at first glance.

No modifying orders/inserting stuff in the middle of posts once posted!
Basically, if there is a roll or a decision in a post it should have no edits, period.
If there is not, edit away.

Please reread your posts before submitting. I can stand some typos but give me too many and my eyes start to hurt after a while browsers have spellcheckers built in, use them!

If someone makes an illegal/invalid action (i.e. against the rules of the game), all later orders, rolls etc. become invalid and the game rewinds to that point.
Some no-real-change-to-fix mistakes may pass to save effort, but don't count on it.

Maximum delay is 48 hours. The timer is off on weekends and holidays. This is flexible. If you know you can't make it/have an IRL problem/have a local holiday, post in advance that it will happen. If you know you can't continue playing, let me know so I can find a replacement. This is OK with me, given the commitment this campaign requires. Stalling isn't.
Generally speaking the expectation is that players should be checking around once per day - having the others wait for more than 24 hours when your post is needed should be the exception.

Only actions taken within the last 24 hours can be rewound/interrupted (OL traps etc)

Feats used during the OL's activations have been removed from the decks.
Feats used 'at the start of the OL's turn' must be declared before the OL starts his turn,
usually before the final hero ends his turn (usually during a hero's own turn the feat play can be declared in advance, but when a later hero has activated a glyph, such newly received Feats might still be played any time before the OL starts his turn).
The remaining Feat decks have been doubled in size.
OL interrupts will usually be 'obvious'. If not considered obvious by the heroes, the OL will explain why and if the heroes can show why the play is not reasonable the OL will withdraw it. Self moderation.
"Obvious" includes such things as pits and blocks played to kill a hero, or to waste a hero attack, or prevent a hero from reaching an important location.

House Rules
1) Normal Feat decks will be used (interrupting isn't a problem since I am playing both sides) I will be using what we have been using here on PBF because this is where I seem to find most of my games.
2) Divine Favour is in (FAQ version)
3) Promo heroes are available (not Tobin, who is officially banned from SoB)
4) Wild Vortex Current direction is S (along channel)
5) Dungeon Setup as per RtL (heroes start in the dungeon not in town)
6) Buried Treasure sites are treated as normal dungeons except they require 3 map pieces to enter. The reward is drawn when the fourth map piece is awarded
7) RtL Dungeon and Rumour cards are added to the appropriate decks.
8) Tentacles. Cross that bridge when we come to it.....see below
9) Zyla & Runemaster Thorn are banned (Zyla is broken and no fun to boot, and I want to see if it is possible to win without Thorn, though it may turn out he is a "mandatory" 13th hero option, though that would be lame) Heroes need all the help they can get
10) Ship upgrades. Per HERO not the PARTY! (Corbon is right, the FAQ ruling is stupid and makes no sense)
11) RtL leader boost conversion. Will be used, RtL & ToI leaders are boosted in the same way SoB ones are I don't think this is good, just play it normal.
12) Trelton forged items are unbreakable through any means. They'd be useless otherwise.

Other House Rules I bolded some additional rules
1. Terrain
The following props from SoB count as obstacles, and this should be a standardized House rule/interpretation: Barrel, Statue, Pipe Organ, Reef, Sandbar, Water (both), Weapon mount (both) and Whirlpool

2. Tentacles -
Tentacles
The following rules will be used for Tentacles:

Q1. What abilities do tentacles have?
A1. Tentacles have the listed abilities of their owner (eg Swim etc). The Kraken's Tentacles have the abilities Swim, Ironskin and Regen 5. In addition they have all the usual functions of Tentacles. The Kraken's tentacles do not have the bite ability (Pierce10, Poison, Bleed) as that is a separate attack, not a normal listed ability.

Q2 and Q3. The Kraken and its tentacles move at different speeds and at different times. Yet the tentacles are restricted in their movement. How do these interact?
A3. This is a new additional rule for the Kraken/Void. All previous rules are still followed. At the end of each Kraken/Void Movement the Kraken/Void may choose to remove any or all tentacles from their current positions and reposition them in water spaces so that at least one of their spaces is adjacent to the Kraken/Void. Tentacles repositioned in this way do not affect figures they had previously ‘grappled’. After this repositioning the tentacles may be activated as normal. This represents the Kraken/Void withdrawing its tentacles temporarily.
A6. This is an additional new rule for the Kraken/Void. All previous rules are still followed. For the purposes of counting distance between tentacles and the Kraken/Void, all spaces on the Revenge count as one space distance from any water space adjacent to the Revenge. Effectively the Kraken/Void counts the entire Revenge as one giant space, but only for the purposes of checking distance between Kraken/Void and tentacles.
A7. This is a new additional rule for the Kraken/Void. All previous rules are still followed. Tentacles that are on Revenge spaces and are not grappling a hero may damage the Revenge. If not grappling a hero they may roll one black/silver/gold power dice (at copper/silver/gold campaign level) and each Yrolled causes 1 damage to the Revenge.

Q4. Are tentacles figures? How do they interact with other figures and LOS?
A1. Tentacles are figures, so they affect Brawler, Swarm and similar abilities. Unlike normal figures, other figures may move through tentacles and tentacles may move through other figures. Tentacles do not affect Line of Sight

Q5. How does Unstoppable interact with tentacles?
A2. Tentacles don't actually have the Grapple ability, they are just able to affect heroes as though they did have grapple. Since they don't have grapple, there is nothing to be immune to. So a tentacle may still constrict or move a figure with Unstoppable even though he is immune to grapple.

Ignore the FAQ tentacle rule.

3. Divine favour is activated

4. Ship upgrades - only the hero doing the upgrade pays XP for it

5. Hot Cannons.
Change the final paragraph of SoB pg26 to:
At the end of the round, any hot cannon that doesn’t have a fatigue token on it (and therefore hasn’t been fired that round) is flipped back over to its cool side.

6. Multi-firing cannons.
Q: Can cannons be fired multiple times per round?
A2: Yes. The fatigue tokens placed on cannons after they are fired only serve to indicate that the cannons stay on the "hot side" the round after they have been fired. The fatigue tokens do not serve any purpose on a Coldsteel cannon and don´t even have to be placed on these.

7. Treasure Maps - Buried Treasure sites are treated as normal dungeons except they require 3 map pieces to enter. The reward is drawn when the fourth map piece is awarded (in the final level's portal)

8. Heroes. As per the hero change thread.
Ispher - 2CT
Eliam - +1 melee dice (2/0/2 traits), +1 Combat skill draw (2Com/2Ma/1choice)
Sahla - change ranged dice to magic (0/0/3 traits)
Lindell - 4CT
Sir Validor - +1 magic dice (2/0/2 traits, move magic skill to combat (2/0/1 skills)
Mok - melee dice to magic (0/0/3 traits)
Red Scorpion - 2 trait dice everywhere (2/2/2 traits), special can be used up to two times per turn
Tetherys - magic dice to range (0/3/0 traits), 1 Subterfuge skill to magic (0/2/1 skills)
Challara - 2CT
Arvel - Keeps 2 skills, not one (buying extra skills will cost her more)
Aurim - Special -> Alchemist
Shiver - 2CT, Willpower
Lyssa - 2 trait dice each in magic and melee (2/0/2 traits)

10. Lts
10.1 Sweetheart's Aimed/Grappled attacks cannot be dodged. His wounds are increased to 75 in silver and 150 in gold.
10.2 The Kraken. Tentacle rules of course. The Kraken can grow(reinforce) new tentacles (arrive/placed touching the head) for 4T copper, 7T/Silver, 10T/gold each, if there are not already 5 on the board.
10.3 The Void. Tentacle rules of course. The Void can grow(reinforce) new tentacles (arrive/placed touching the head) for 10T each, if there are not already 5 on the board.
10.4 When a LT flees, it must return to its starting location as per normal and is not allowed to give any actions or reinforce until the following game week.

11. Avatar upgrades
11.1 Death Head - Explosions only target 1 space.
11.2 Snake Eyes - 16CT.
11.3 Steel Coils - 15CT. Constrict does not take up an attack to use.
11.4 Bloodsuckers - See the 9.2

12. Plots
12.1 For both Fury of the Sun plot...
12.2 ...and Leviathan plot, any location that has a key or unrazed binding still on it can be 'entered' (ie visit the island and up to 2 levels of dungeon below that) even if it has already been entered before. No new 'discovery' CT of course.
12.3 A New Law - Split into 2 upgrades
"Weapon Registration" 16CT. Doubles the cost of weapons and cannons. Costs 8CT less if Drugs Ban is in play
"Drugs Ban" 16CT. All alchemists are closed. Costs 8CT less if you have Weapon Registration in play already.

13. Wild Vortex - current is south

14. Cities:
Gafford: Temple 2
Garnott: Market 2 or no shortages
Hardell: Add at least one more trait
Trelton: Special must be un-crushing-blow-able. This one is critical IMO. Market + Alchemist combo of at least 2 (1 each?)

15. Glyph chaining - use RtL dungeon level setup

16. RtL dungeons in. Promo heroes (not Tobin) in with all hero adaptions from other thread in.

17. Skill Changes
17.1 Holy Aura works at the beginning of the OL's turn as well as normal timing (see Hounds of War)
17.2 Alex the Wise adds his black dice/upgrade to Attacks with Runes or Staves as well as cannons.
17.3 Hand of death fails (and does wounds to the hero) on a blank but cannot be used during a Run Action.
17.4 Shadow Soul happens before anything else in a hero's turn and the hero counts his start of turn location at whichever location he chose (ignore the FAQ ruling that he can't use a glyph)

18. Feat cards will be used but all those which require conditional orders have been removed and others doubled in number.

***We will edit some of the house rules as we hash out everything else***

Resources:

We'll use these codes, paste them as your dice in the GeekRoller:

Red Melee Die:
1custom6{iid:1057263;iid:1057256;iid:1057258;iid:1057260;iid:1057262;iid:1057261}

Blue Ranged Die:
1custom6{iid:1057251;iid:1057247;iid:1057248;iid:1057249;iid:1057249;iid:1057250}

White Magic Die:
1custom6{iid:1057267;iid:1057264;iid:1057264;iid:1057265;iid:1057266;iid:1057266}

Green +Damage Die:
1custom6{iid:1057252;iid:1057252;iid:1057253;iid:1057253;iid:1057254;iid:1057255}

Yellow +Range Die:
1custom6{iid:1057270;iid:1057271;iid:1057272;iid:1057272;iid:1057242;iid:1057242}

Black Power Die:
1custom6{iid:1057245;iid:1057246;iid:1057246;iid:1057243;iid:1057243;iid:1057243}

Clear Stealth Die:
1custom6{iid:1117791;iid:1117791;iid:1117790;iid:1117790;iid:1117790;iid:1117790}

Silver Power Die:
1custom6{iid:1117796;iid:1117789;iid:1117789;iid:1117795;iid:1117795;iid:1117795}

Gold Power Die:
1custom6{iid:1117793;iid:1117794;iid:1117794;iid:1117792;iid:1117792;iid:1117792}

Note: Roller will allow max. 3 kinds of custom dice due to character limit. If you have 4+ different dice, split them into 2 rolls.

If you include a commentary (e.g. roll title) in the roll, it'll get rid of the annoying code (it's still visible beneath the post if you really need to)!

(AND FOR GOD'S SAKE AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, USE SPACES (die + die) IN MULTIPLE ROLLS, OTHERWISE THE DESCRIPTION WILL BREAK FORUM TABLES!!
also I will seriously hurt you and set fire to your dog)

Descriptions:

I am a fluff description, brave heroes. Italicized text will tell you about your surroundings and give you hints on what dangers and rewards award you in the immediate area. But beware, as looks can sometimes be misleading!

Bolded text means in-game mechanics. For example: Big Ugly Monster hits Player for 26 damage -4 armor, Player dies and respawns in town. Lose 3 conquest tokens.

Normal text is commentary.

The maps will be posted every turn. A text summary of stats/visible cards/etc. will be attached.

Note: This post, including the rules, can and will change during the game. It is in your interest to check the OP once in a while. If the rules change, they won't be retroactive.

[size=16]Table of Contents

Initialization talks: Rolling up the Hero party & explanation, Ol sheet and upgrade list, Revenge upgrade list.

Heroes start in Gafford.

Week 1 and 2
Heroes purchase equipment in Gafford.

Week 3
Heroes move to the Hollow Woods and descend into the dungeon.
Level 1: 10 — Ancient Library.
Level 2: 59 — Jacob's Lament.
The heroes flee the dungeon, ending up in Gafford again.

Week 4
The heroes set sail to Cerridor Sea.
On their way, they encounter the Merchant Ship.
The heroes arrive to Cerridor Sea but do not enter.

Week 5
The heroes sail to Orris.
Again, they have an encounter, this time The Tempest.
The heroes arrive to Orris and make Orris their Home Port. (This one seems to have slipped away from the thread. We definitely agreed on it in the chat, though.)

Week 6
The heroes move to Queldon Flood, but do not enter.

Week 7
The heroes move to Mount Arrik and descend into the dungeon.
Level 1: 68 — Maze of Madness.
Level 2: 2 — Alchemist's Lab.
Level 3: 66 — Opera of the Forsaken.
Heroes emerge in Orris, gaining 1 Treasure Map piece. (1/3)

Week 7½ (We messed up with counting the weeks, so there are two Weeks 7 in the succession... )
The heroes sail to the Cerridor Sea and set foot on the island.
Level 1: Local Island level — Haunted Isle.
Level 2: 17 — Bag of Bones.
Level 3: 32 — Up and Down.
After some very heavy fighting, they finally emerge victorious in Cerridor Sea, gaining 1 Treasure Map piece. (2/3)

Week 8
The Overlord purchases the Silver Eldritch upgrade.
The heroes sail to Gafford with no encounter.
In the local Tavern, they learn the "Down a Hole" rumor. It is placed at Shivering Hills.

Week 9
The Overlord purchases the Siren. She appears in the Narrows of Gracor.
Siren moves to Torrents of Dreadpeace.
The heroes train in Gafford: Shiver learns Alchemist, Tatianna gets 2 silver dice, Laughin 1 silver and 1 black die.
Revenge is now outfitted with Elven Sails, a Hawkeye Cannon and a Dragonfire Cannon.

Week 10
The Overlord purchases the Focused upgrade and removes Gust of Winds, Bane Spider Swarm and Kobold Swarm × 2 from his deck.
Siren moves to Garnott.
Heroes sail to the Shrouded Gulf.
On their way, they meet a Kobold ship in the Rub a dub Dub encounter. Party Victory after Kobolds being sunk in one turn.

Week 11
Siren sieges Garnott (1/4).
Heroes sail to Midnight Cove.
On their way, they meet a bunch of Water Striders. Party Flight.
Heroes arrive at Midnight Cove and set their foot on the island.
Level 1: Local Island Level — Monster Island.
Level 2: 7 — The Graveyard.
Level 3: 13 — The Summoning.
The heroes literally fly through the dungeon, springing a lot of traps, but in the end they barely make it through and earn a Treasure Map piece (3/3).

Week 12
Siren sieges Garnott (2/4).
The heroes head to Tarianor.

Week 13
Siren sieges Garnott (3/4).
Heroes shop and train in Tarianor.
Shiver trains 2 silver dice and Red Scorpion learns Blessing.

Week 14
Siren sieges Garnott (4/4).
Heroes sail to Bright Sea, going to the land.
Level 1: Local Island Level — An Island With 2 Ogres and 4 Turning Statues.
Level 2: 56 — Sea Dragon's Lair.
The heroes flee shamefully.

Week 15
Siren tries to raze Garnott but the attack is repelled.
Heroes move to Queldan flood.

Week 16
Siren razes Garnott to the ground and moves to Torrents of Dreadpeace.
Heroes move to Mount Orrik, but choose not to enter.

Week 17
Siren moves to Narrows of Gracor.
Heroes move to the Treasure Site near Mount Orrik.
Level 1: 36 — Mask of the Monster.
Level 2: 54 — Cutthroats' Lair.
Level 3: 8 — The Warrens.
During the third level, the heroes purchase a Dead Man's Compass on the market.
The heroes make it through and collect their Treasure, which turns out to be the Roger's Stash — 2000 coins.
After all of that, the heroes emerge in Orris.

Week 18
Siren moves to Cerridor Sea.
Heroes move to Dagger's Isle.

Week 19
Siren moves to Shrouded Gulf.
Heroes receive a Secret Master Training: Red Scorpion +4 wounds, the others +1 fatigue.

Week 20
Siren moves to Midnight Cove.
Heroes train up some dice: Shiver a b, Laughin a s, Red Scorpion sb, Tatianna a s.

Week 21
Siren moves to Winnowing Straits.
Heroes move to Midnight Cove.

Week 22
Siren moves to Weeping Reach.
Heroes move to Trelton.
Heroes make Trelton their brand new Home Port.

Week 23
Siren moves to Shellport.
Heroes move to Stagwood Forest, descending into the dungeon.
Level 1: 52 — CAVE IN!!![/b]
Level 2: [article=25926003]46 — The Forgotten Cove.[/b]
Level 3: [article=26051098]74 — The Last Refuge.[/b]

[article=26129219]Week 24

The Overlord purchases the Silver Beasts monster upgrade.
Siren sieges Shellport. (1/4)
To be continued ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reinhard Horst
Germany
flag msg tools
Re: Anyone looking for an Advanced Campaign?
Heya Duhtch,

i am on christmas vacation, and even tho i know you are sticking to the words of the rules, there is probably noone else to match up with during this times.

So would you be interested to play a RtL advanced campaign in "live" mode? That is basically the next couple of days from morning till the night in front of a (the?) computer?

Eventually with Skype to even speed up things?

Looking to read from you.

To anyone including you ... merry christmas and a happy new year!

Cheers,
Tibarius

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reinhard Horst
Germany
flag msg tools
Hmm, lemme see the last post is 11:37 am, and my local time is 18:37 pm. So i am 7 hours in front of server time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reinhard Horst
Germany
flag msg tools
By the way, i had no objections if there is a third (more) player(s) to play hero side with more than one player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lanabound
Canada
flag msg tools
I just got into the swing of PBF but I'm afraid I can't commit to it at this time... sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Although a live game would be fun, I think I wouldn't be able to accommodate you. I could sporadically do evenings after my kids go down, but that would either put you at the middle of the night or early morning.

While I do appreciate the offer, I think sticking to PBF is a better route as it fits my schedule better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reinhard Horst
Germany
flag msg tools
Bad luck .. but well ok. I am sorry but i cannot commit myself to a PBF game, i have no regular net access during work days and eventually not the required time either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested. I've only ever played a portion of a RTL campaign but have significant experience with the game and other expansions.

Maybe with another experienced RTL/SoB hero player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reinhard Horst
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi there Luke,

sorry for not checking every day ... i would have 4-5 days left, should be enough to get a campaign a good way going.

if you like the best bet is to contact me via skype so that we get the game started quite fast, look for 'reinhard.horst'.

Cheers,
Tibarius

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Xavarir wrote:
I would be interested. I've only ever played a portion of a RTL campaign but have significant experience with the game and other expansions.

That sounds great Luke. Possibly looking for another to fill the roll of either being the OL and I will play with Luke, or I will play the OL and this other person can play with Luke.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evolvent
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Xavarir wrote:

I'd be very happy to play a campaign as well, though I'm not very experienced (I'm currently midway in my first and only campaign as an OL) and I don't know SoB at all, so I'm probably not the person you're looking for.

Just thought it could be worth a try. I don't mind being turned down at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind playing with the both of you. Who would like to play OL?

evolvent wrote:
Xavarir wrote:

I'd be very happy to play a campaign as well, though I'm not very experienced (I'm currently midway in my first and only campaign as an OL) and I don't know SoB at all, so I'm probably not the person you're looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Butler
Canada
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duhtch wrote:
I wouldn't mind playing with the both of you. Who would like to play OL?

evolvent wrote:
Xavarir wrote:

I have only played half a RtL campaign ever, so I might not be the best OL choice if you want a challenge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reinhard Horst
Germany
flag msg tools
I would be interested to join a game. I realy like this game, even tho i consider some things heavily unbalanced. Basically i would prefer to be on the hero side. Anyone interested to team up with me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tibarius wrote:
I would be interested to join a game. I realy like this game, even tho i consider some things heavily unbalanced. Basically i would prefer to be on the hero side. Anyone interested to team up with me?

Sorry, we already have our three.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evolvent
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Quote:
I have only played half a RtL campaign ever, so I might not be the best OL choice if you want a challenge!

Exactly the same here. I can certainly try the OL'ing but I'm afraid you two would totally stomp me

By the way, you were mentioning SoB. Is it even playable? There were some discussions about making it reasonably balanced but I don't know if they have had any success.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Reinhard Horst
Germany
flag msg tools
duhtch wrote:
Tibarius wrote:

So basically the game could be played by five people in the maximum, no? One OL and four heros. Well, you don't want me in Duhtch, that's ok with me. But the reasoning we have our three, i can't understand that, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
evolvent wrote:
Quote:

Exactly the same here. I can certainly try the OL'ing but I'm afraid you two would totally stomp me

By the way, you were mentioning SoB. Is it even playable? There were some discussions about making it reasonably balanced but I don't know if they have had any success.

I think with the three of us, it is the best bet. You have the most experience between Luke and yourself, and you really don't want me playing OL vs you two.

As far as SoB is concerned, Corbon and I hashed out some decent house rules, but I think encounters regarding ships are still not the best. I think adding in a 'Prolonged' action, or something like how Imperial Assault has, where you can turn the ship 90 degrees, I think it would go a long way to make the game more playable.

Either way, if you want to do the OL, for RtL, or SoB, we should agree on some of the house rules.

~~~
RTL Houserules

House Rules
1) While a hero is asleep, they may not apply an Order through a ready action.
2) OL can use the Sphinx Avatar, that will be described in the thread.
3) Final battle is per standard RtL but the OL may use threat as per encounters.
4) The following props from SoB count as obstacles, and this should be a standardized House rule/interpretation. Everything else (Barrel, Statue, Pipe Organ, Reef, Sandbar, Water (both), Weapon mount (both) and Whirlpool).
5) Encounters and dungeon levels do not get shuffled unless expunged. Locations do get shuffled.Playing SoB and RtL Dungeons as well as applicable SoB rumors.
6) Feat cards will be used but all those which require conditional orders will be removed. Double pack of feats.
7) Skills-
7.1 Holy Aura: works at the beginning of the OL's turn as well as normal timing.
7.2 Shadow Soul: happens before anything else in a hero's turn and the hero counts his start of turn location at whichever location he chose (ignore the FAQ ruling on pg24 that hero can't use a glyph)
8) Rapid Fire is limited to once per attack
9) Nanok will be nerfed to make him a little less dominant. Armor bonus will be applied to ranged and melee attacks with melee dice count. Magic attacks will be spoiled with magic dice. So he starts with 4/4/3 armor.
10) Globe Terrinoth, i.e. there is a water trail between Flametail River and The Gaping Abyss.
11) Boosted weak heroes as per the other thread (see below).

Quote:
Arvel - Keeps 2 skills, not one (buying extra skills will cost her more)
Aurim - Special -> Alchemist
Challara - 2CT
Eliam - +1 melee dice (2/0/2 traits), +1 Combat skill draw (2Com/2Ma/1choice)
Ispher - 2CT
Lindell - 4CT
Lyssa - 2 trait dice each in magic and melee (2/0/2 traits)
Red Scorpion - 2 trait dice everywhere (2/2/2 traits), special can be used two times per turn
Sahla - change ranged dice to magic (0/0/3 traits)
Shiver - 2CT, Willpower
Sir Valadir - +1 magic dice (2/0/2 traits, move Subterfuge skill to combat (2/0/1 skills)
Spiritspeaker Mok - melee dice to magic (0/0/3 traits)
Tetherys - magic dice to range (0/3/0 traits), 1 Subterfuge skill to magic (0/2/1 skills)

~~~

Personally, I think it would be fun to change it up and play SoB. Different skill combinations and what not. We would be playing with all expansions. Please let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Tibarius wrote:
duhtch wrote:
Tibarius wrote:

So basically the game could be played by five people in the maximum, no? One OL and four heros. Well, you don't want me in Duhtch, that's ok with me. But the reasoning we have our three, i can't understand that, sorry.

Hello Tibarius. Yes, you can play the game with up to 5 people, but I prefer to either play with 2 people, and I am stretching it to 3 as I mentioned in my original post.

To be honest Tibarius, I have given you advise multiple times and you haven't really listened. The fact that you have quit every game you have played doesn't sit too well with me. I don't think it would be a compatible mix for what I am looking for in a game. Maybe get some more experience under your belt and we can talk more, but for now I will choose to play with Luke and Evo on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evolvent
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
duhtch wrote:
I think with the three of us, it is the best bet. You have the most experience between Luke and yourself, and you really don't want me playing OL vs you two.

OK, certainly can do it and looking forward to it. At first, there will be maybe minor slowdowns and blunders as I learn doing map and status updates, but I'm sure it won't take much time.

Quote:
~~~
Personally, I think it would be fun to change it up and play SoB. Different skill combinations and what not. We would be playing with all expansions. Please let me know what you think.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I never played SoB and never seen it played on the forum either (although there may be some old threads that slipped my attention). Moreover it would even the ground a little, since, it seems to me, it's new to all of us and my inexperience won't be so decisive then .

In short, I'm very eager to try out SoB eventhough there will be probably some misunderstandings over the rules and such. I hope Luke's OK with it too.

Only one more thing: the rulebook hosted at FFG has all the maps stripped, so there aren't any dungeons, islands, rumors, overlord keeps and so on in it. Is there another source to get those from? Sadly I don't have SoB physically.

P. S.: I don't have Google Messenger, but if it helps anything, I can surely set it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome. I'd highly suggest rereading the FAQ and SoB rules. Message me when you get a chance and we can begin once we have figured out most of the questions.

Keep in mind that I'm always here to help. You can ask me questions any time and I'll give you the best answer I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide P
Italy
flag msg tools
evolvent wrote:
duhtch wrote:

OK, certainly can do it and looking forward to it. At first, there will be maybe minor slowdowns and blunders as I learn doing map and status updates, but I'm sure it won't take much time.

Quote:
~~~

This is exactly what I was thinking. I never played SoB and never seen it played on the forum either (although there may be some old threads that slipped my attention). Moreover it would even the ground a little, since, it seems to me, it's new to all of us and my inexperience won't be so decisive then .

In short, I'm very eager to try out SoB eventhough there will be probably some misunderstandings over the rules and such. I hope Luke's OK with it too.

Only one more thing: the rulebook hosted at FFG has all the maps stripped, so there aren't any dungeons, islands, rumors, overlord keeps and so on in it. Is there another source to get those from? Sadly I don't have SoB physically.

P. S.: I don't have Google Messenger, but if it helps anything, I can surely set it up.

The maps are all in the Tile System, which is linked in the "How to" thread. For the cards, I guess that Duhtch will provide you a list.

About your game, since you'll be alone against two, feel free to ask me if you have doubts or questions, especially if asking them could spoil some surprise from your side. I haven't played SoB yet, but I can be available for general advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evolvent
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Quote:
Awesome. I'd highly suggest rereading the FAQ and SoB rules. Message me when you get a chance and we can begin once we have figured out most of the questions.

I'm currently reading up. It may take a while.

Quote:
The maps are all in the Tile System, which is linked in the "How to" thread.

These are all the dungeons, which is great to have, but there are many more missing (outdoor battlefields, rumor levels, overlord keeps ...)

~~~

By the way, thank you very much for the kind offers of help. I'll be glad to ask when there's a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will likely be able to create most of the maps and updates. We will likely play at slower rate than Davide and I play at.

Don't feel you need to learn it all now (The PBF stuff). It will come with time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
duhtch
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I suppose we will start to pick heroes while you are reading up. We can discuss house rules a bit more as we go along with the selection process.

One item I wanted to suggest is to give Karnon the Swim ability to work with Tread Ice. This helps him be more playable in SoB if he comes up.

Here is a list of heroes. We will do 4 groups of 3, no Tobin, as he is banned.

1 Andira Runehand
2 Arvel Worldwalker**
3 Aurim**
4 Battlemage Jaes
5 Bogran the Shadow
6 Brother Gherinn
7 Brother Glyr
8 Challara **
9 Corbin
10 Eliam**
11 Grey Ker
12 Hugo the Glorious
13 Ispher**
14 Jonas the Kind
15 Karnon
16 Kirga
17 Krutzbeck
18 Landrec the Wise
19 Laughin Buldar
20 Laurel of Bloodwood
21 Lindel**
22 Lord Hawthorne
23 Lyssa**
24 Mad Carthos
25 Mordrog
26 Nanok of the Blade
27 Nara the Fang
28 Okaluk and Rakash
29 One Fist
30 Red Scorpion**
31 Ronan of the Wild
32 Runemaster Thorn
33 Runewitch Astarra
34 Sahla**
35 Shiver**
36 Silhouette
37 Sir Valadir**
38 Spiritspeaker Mok**
39 Steelhorns
40 Tahlia
41 Tatianna
42 Tetherys**
43 Tobin Farslayer *
44 Trenloe the Strong
45 Truthseer Kel
46 Varikas the Dead
47 Vyrah the Falconer
48 Zyla

Hero Group 25d48 = (25 + 43 + 34 + 19 + 35 + 4 + 9 + 30 + 17 + 9 + 25 + 28 + 40 + 41 + 5 + 11 + 18 + 9 + 37 + 40 + 48 + 33 + 11 + 46 + 22) = 639

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1045972. duhtch
  • 25d48 =
  • (25 + 43 + 34 + 19 + 35 + 4 + 9 + 30 + 17 + 9 + 25 + 28 + 40 + 41 + 5 + 11 + 18 + 9 + 37 + 40 + 48 + 33 + 11 + 46 + 22) =
  • Hero Group
  • Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:52 pm
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [68] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.