Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to thank and congratulate Glenn for this game and his presence on the boards here (which has been exemplary). Your concise and timely posts have really helped me (and other people, I imagine) get a handle on this game (which I'm playing, hopefully, for the 2nd time tonight). Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played AofE yet, but I just got my package this morning, so I'm looking forward to learning the rules.

I do want to comment as well on Glenn taking the time to read posts and respond to them. It tells me how much he cares for his game and the people eager to play it. With so many rules questions that come up and people quick to give their interpretation of them, it's certainly more meaningful to hear the designer explain his intent with rules and maybe even background info like how the publisher suggested a rules change, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my pleasure! I really appreciate this community and everything that it does for our hobby.

Cheers to BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'd have to agree... anytime I see any designer taking the time to personally clarify game rules or discuss a game... it makes me more willing to buy those games and support them as I feel the support is there should any issues come up that need a resolution or explanation. Good communications between the designers/publishers and the end users won't necessarily make the end product "better" but it does certainly allow a game to fail or succeed based on it's design and game play rather than failing because of a lack of support and clarification from those who produced it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Saul-Sehy
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're taking it out tonight for the first time. Three words to describe this board: "beau ti ful."

I'm lovin' the plastic figures, too. To echo...."thanks, Glenn!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... I agree, Glenn (and Paul) do pay a lot of attention to detail! I just want to say "Thanks" too for a great game. The only prob is I have read (and re-read) the rules about (3) times but have not played it yet.

I would love to play it tonight but those plans have been slightly "detoured" due to things unforeseen. Things like my order through Fed Ex might have been ... (how do I say it)... lost! It prob is heading to Canada or something. (lol)

All I know I am patiently waiting for them to call me back to tell me it is "out for delivery" as we speak. For now, I guess I can go back to pulling out my hair.

I know this game will be awesome and I already have "high hopes" for it.... I just wish it would get here already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E J
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto Glenn, can you tell us what you are woking on next? surprise
CIV 4?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate your efforts as well. You really captured what (to me at least) is a great balance of Euro with american flavor. It's also nice to be able to personally thank the creator of one of these games. I wish you only the best, and I'll be looking toward your next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks All! It's really exciting as a game designer when the game is enjoyed.

I'm actually working on a sequel to AoE III called:

History! A Game of Civilization Building

Very excited about it! It's really coming together well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, come on!!

After months (or more accurately, years) of waiting for Age of Empires III, now all it takes is the mere mention of a civilization-building game by Glenn Drover, and I'm back in countdown mode again.

It's just not fair! All I want is a few weeks of peace and serenity where I'm not anxiously awaiting news, rules, or production notes on a board game...

Is that too much to ask?? cry

Now where can I pre-order History! ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Bender
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glenn,

Your willingness to answer questions and participate with the community is really terrific.

Railroad Tycoon, Age of Mythology, and Age of Empires III are some of my favorite board games. So thanks for the great games, too.

Now, when will we see Pirates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Epperson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm actually working on a sequel to AoE III called:

History! A Game of Civilization Building

Very excited about it! It's really coming together well.

Sounds Great, Glenn...good luck!

BTW...I still own your Civilization game and it was one of the select few that you signed!

Fresh start...new horizons...best wishes!

Doug
Maryland

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Doug. Thanks and thanks for the gold!

Pirates is actually coming along (though it won't be called that now). I have a design that I like very much.

Cheers,

Glenn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Fortner
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
holywolfman wrote:

I would love to play it tonight but those plans have been slightly "detoured" due to things unforeseen. Things like my order through Fed Ex might have been ... (how do I say it)... lost! It prob is heading to Canada or something. (lol)

All I know I am patiently waiting for them to call me back to tell me it is "out for delivery" as we speak. For now, I guess I can go back to pulling out my hair.

If it is in Canada you should take a couple friends up there to pick it up...and don't forget to collect your "Fur"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Askew
United Kingdom
Pelaw, Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budley wrote:
Pirates is actually coming along (though it won't be called that now). I have a design that I like very much.

You heard it here first folks! "Sid Meier's Pirates! The Boardgame" is now surely to be;

"Glenn Drover's Bad Men of the Sea (with beards and rum and swords and cursing and flamboyant clothes)! The Boardgame"

I for one look forward to it.

Picked up AoEIII last night at my FLGS and looking forward to playing it ASAP. Cheers Glenn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Drover
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers Chris!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.