Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the real difference between the two card decks? Other than when you can play them is there any other difference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It always seemed to me that the summer deck was more about planting and building, while the winter deck was more about harvesting and fulfilling wine. So it seemed there was a big difference to me, but maybe that was just my perception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
It always seemed to me that the summer deck was more about planting and building, while the winter deck was more about harvesting and fulfilling wine. So it seemed there was a big difference to me, but maybe that was just my perception.

That pretty much sums it up.

Summer visitors concentrate more on the Summer (and Spring w/ Tuscany) actions. Winter visitors concentrate more on Winter (and Fall) actions. There are a few that allow you to do something in the opposite half of the year, but they are the exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the cards will let you do two of the corresponding actions for your season, so using them is effectively a two-for-one. Others allow you to get something cheaper, or get a reward for doing the action; and many others allow you to do something that there isn't an action space for.

It's definitely worth having a balance of both types in your hand during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.