Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Knock Out... acumlitive? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Day Life
msg tools
Knock out says...

Rules P8 5c wrote:
If the number of Wound cards added to your hand during a combat equals or exceeds your unmodified Hand limit (the right number on your Hero’s Level token), you are knocked out – immediately discard all non-Wound cards from your hand

Dose this mean you need to take wounds equalling to your hand limit in a single attack? As in I "take [hand limit] wounds into my hand" or dose it mean the total wounds in my hand...

TL;DR

Q: My hand limit is 5... I have 2 wounds in hand and then take 3 wounds.. making 5 wounds total.. am I knocked out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules P8 5c wrote:
If the number of Wound cards added to your hand during a combat equals or exceeds your unmodified Hand limit (the right number on your Hero’s Level token), you are knocked out – immediately discard all non-Wound cards from your hand

Cards are hidden, so opponents do not know how many wounds you hold, so they can't count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
Q: My hand limit is 5... I have 2 wounds in hand and then take 3 wounds.. making 5 wounds total.. am I knocked out?

Assuming the 2 wounds were already in your hand before the fight, no.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that it says "added to your hand during a combat", so it's not necessarily all from one attack. For example, suppose you had a hand limit of 6 and the Horn of Wrath artifact in hand. You're assaulting a city and decide to burn out the artifact and gain 5 additional Siege Attack points in the Ranged/Siege Attack phase. You roll 5 mana dice and 3 of them show red or black, giving you three Wounds. Unfortunately, the remaining enemies in the city deal three more Wounds during the Assign Damage phase. You have gained six total Wounds in the combat, so you are Knocked Out and lose all of your cards in hand before the regular Attack phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
What about when fighting more than one token?

Say I have no wounds in hand.. and a hand limit of 5. I get hit for 3 wounds from one attack and 2 wounds from another. Each individual monster did under 5 damage, but I took a total of 5 damage between them during that "combat phase"....

Is that a knock out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TragicTheBlathering wrote:
What about when fighting more than one token?

Say I have no wounds in hand.. and a hand limit of 5. I get hit for 3 wounds from one attack and 2 wounds from another. Each individual monster did under 5 damage, but I took a total of 5 damage between them during that "combat phase"....

Is that a knock out?
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.