Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I dislike seeing good games with few reviews. So here is a very quick review for Octodice, just to get some more positive word out there:

It's themed after Aquasphere, but plays very differently.

It plays very quickly: about 10 mins or less.

It is a Yahtzee style game: throw dice, try to make the results fit as best they can.

There is also an upgrades system, to make future rolls more flexible/profitable.

As expected, there is loads of luck, and the skill resolves around making the most of dice rolls, and balancing probability/reward of future rolls.

There is some work to do during other player turns, as some opportunity exists to copy other player rolls--a nice touch, as one also needs to roll whilst keeping those opportunists in mind.

Also a solid solo game, aiming to beat one's own prior scores.

I like to keep this game near by, as it is short enough that I can reach over and have a solo play at a whim.

*** A good game. I give it an 8 on the BGG scale (as a better-than-most filler). It is different enough to attract the interest of the grizzled boardgamers I know, and has enough decision making to let them nod and scratch their chins, while they ponder what to get stuck into next ***
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.