Popular Tags: [View All]
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes... i'm both a boardgame geek and a comic geek. i've been collecting comics for many years. i need some room. so i'm testing the interest in swapping large volumes of comics for some boardgames.

i don't have any real interest in digging through the boxes, and detailing exactly which comics are in which box. These are comics from the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. Each short box contains around ~150 comics, and most are sorted in some way... so you're more certain of getting sets of comics, instead of single issues. There is little to no duplication, except for some 1st issues that i bought on 'spec'

shipping on these would be pretty terrible, so probably best to stick with local trades only (SF Bay Area), or if you really want them... just know the shipping would probably run $20 to $30 or more per box within the continental US. Still it's actually not a bad price per comic

i'll entertain any offers at all. You can buy them, trade, whatever. I will not do comic searches. i have some idea of what's there, so you can make general inquiries.

as for which boardgames i'll take in trade. probably almost anything, since what i don't play, i can trade away.

what sort of trades am i looking for? think something like one short box of comics for a boardgame, maybe two boxes, depending on the game... something like that.

thanks for your time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comics qualify for media rate. It's not fast, but it's cheap.

Here's an example:
10 pounds from my zip in NY to a California zip costs $5.19 media rate.
20 pounds $8.59

That's unbeatable and 20 pounds covers a lot of comics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross G.
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Wisdom begins in wonder.
badge
Stale pastry is hollow succor to a man who is bereft of ostrich.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually comics do not qualify for media rate, because of the various ads within. Sometimes you can sneak them through, but if they get inspected, you're going to be paying a lot to make up the difference between media and parcel post. Also, if you're sending out many boxes (as th OP would be doing) and you get caught, you may have some explaining to do to the Post Office.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fedex ground may provide a better rate. if anyone is interested in these... i can look up the rates.

i'm getting severe GF feedback, and need to get rid of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ZiggyZambo wrote:
Actually comics do not qualify for media rate, because of the various ads within.

What he said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.