Subject: When to apply bonuses (from weapons, items, etc.)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I'm confused on when exactly bonuses can be applied/used from weapons, upgrade cards, and items.

For example, the parrying blade give you +1 defense. So I assume that whenever you are attacked the hero carrying the blade gets +1 die.

Life drain, ranged attack. Each hit heals one wound. So when I hit an enemy I get one wound healed. Does this weapon apply to every weapon the hero uses or just this one weapon? In other words, if he had the parrying blade equipped and hit a monster would he get to heal a wound?

Another example, the captain's blade allows +1 die defense and +1 reroll. When, exactly, can I use these bonuses and when can I not?

Thanks in advance guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are three icons that appear on item cards that grant a fulltime benefit to the Hero carrying the item, no matter what item he is using for the attack or defense. Those are the +Extra Defense, +Extra Life, and +Extra Reroll (see rulebook page 26 onto page 27). All other item effects are item specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Carcking wrote:
There are three icons that appear on item cards that grant a fulltime benefit to the Hero carrying the item, no matter what item he is using for the attack or defense. Those are the +Extra Defense, +Extra Life, and +Extra Reroll (see rulebook page 26 onto page 27). All other item effects are item specific.

OK, so if a hero has the Captain's Blade equipped that would allow him one reroll on attack AND defense rolls. He would also be allowed the one reroll even if he used another weapon.

Now if a card has text that spells out a bonus then that applies to that weapon only.

Is this all correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:
Carcking wrote:

OK, so if a hero has the Captain's Blade equipped that would allow him one reroll on attack AND defense rolls. He would also be allowed the one reroll even if he used another weapon.

Now if a card has text that spells out a bonus then that applies to that weapon only.

Is this all correct?

Yes, you've got it.

It's also important to note that the Hero gets the bonus even if the card carrying the icon is exhausted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Chuck.

What weird is on page 27 under "Reroll Pool" down in the example it reads

"Zana has a parrying blade which grants him +1 reroll."

I assume this is a typo? My parrying blade cards has a plus one SHIELD icon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Smith
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
Is takes a minute to grasp the concept that all icons, no matter the weapon you are using or attacked with, apply to all attack and defense rolls. So, even if you attack with the slingshot you still benefit from the Captains Blade's +1 reroll.

Definitely different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bghead8che wrote:
Thanks Chuck.

What weird is on page 27 under "Reroll Pool" down in the example it reads

"Zana has a parrying blade which grants him +1 reroll."

I assume this is a typo? My parrying blade cards has a plus one SHIELD icon.

Funny. I never noticed that, but you are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

Generally any Icons that are on the cards you gain as long as you have the item equipped. Any Text on the card only applies to if that card is being actively used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.