Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Tierno
United States
Murrieta
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about Dolores Umbridge's ability. I'm playing this with my 9 year old through game 4 now and everything else seems to make sense when following the order of things broken down in the rule book, but the wording on this is confusing. If Villain Abilities trigger before playing Howgwarts cards, how can I "acquire" any cards when this is supposed to effect me? Does it mean that when I use influence to get cards at the end of my turn, that if I get something of 4+ that I lose a heart? Is it referring to my starting cards when I begin my turn? I'm probably missing something simple, but I've looked. Thanks for the help! -Travis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the villains have ongoing abilities which don't just trigger during the villain phase, but instead have an effect that lasts throughout the players' turns. Umbridge is like that. When you buy a nice card, you get hurt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ttierno2 wrote:
I'm curious about Dolores Umbridge's ability. I'm playing this with my 9 year old through game 4 now and everything else seems to make sense when following the order of things broken down in the rule book, but the wording on this is confusing. If Villain Abilities trigger before playing Howgwarts cards, how can I "acquire" any cards when this is supposed to effect me? Does it mean that when I use influence to get cards at the end of my turn, that if I get something of 4+ that I lose a heart? Is it referring to my starting cards when I begin my turn? I'm probably missing something simple, but I've looked. Thanks for the help! -Travis.

Think on the Basilisk. It too affects your play during your turn (making it impossible to gain cards from cards/effects that normally let you do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.