Subject: Action deck grow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When a marine gains more weapons the action deck grows. Is this limited or is it possible to drop a weapon and get rid of some cards to "optimize" the deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We didn't see anything in the rules about dropping cards or even discarding unwanted cards (aside from activating the sprint action). Seems in keeping with the spirit of the video game - you hold onto every weapon and ammo pack you can grab and often swap between weapons frantically as you fight off the hordes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
amanwing
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I thought I was missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had similar thoughts reading the rules & came to the same conclusion. Doesn't look like there's a way to trade/give weapons to other marines either. So I guess you just avoid eg. one marine collecting them all, since they wouldn't be able to make best use of them (limited actions + deck dilution).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Eater
msg tools
amanwing wrote:
When a marine gains more weapons the action deck grows. Is this limited or is it possible to drop a weapon and get rid of some cards to "optimize" the deck?

My guess is that it's intentional that you cannot thin your deck. The reason being that as you pick up weapons and get more powerful cards, they are counteracted by having a bigger deck to balance things out. If you could thin your deck, you would become much to powerful. Thats my hunch, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pudsy wrote:
I had similar thoughts reading the rules & came to the same conclusion. Doesn't look like there's a way to trade/give weapons to other marines either. So I guess you just avoid eg. one marine collecting them all, since they wouldn't be able to make best use of them (limited actions + deck dilution).

This was also a significant factor of classic DOOM co-op. Only one person can pick up each weapon, so if you hog them all, your buddies are going to have a hard time keeping up with the tougher demons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.