Subject: Help: label pulling away from adhesive backing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The great folks at GMT quickly sent me a replacement label sheet because the one that came with the box had the labels cut offset. I noticed however that the labels on this sheet were much harder to get off than the other one that came off with the box. A lot harder to get at least one part of the label to come off the sheet so you could pull the whole thing off.

I had to use a razor to get the corners up on a fair number of labels, in order to pull the whole label off. Rarely, I ran into a particularly difficult one, where the top pulled away from the adhesive underneath; I was able to use a spare.

However: I ran into this problem with a 1942 Russian calvary (white dots), and there is no spare. I need to 'glue' down 2 corners of top of the label to the adhesive underneath (I've attached the label already to the block).

Any tips? I was just going to use a pin and a tiny bit of superglue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Necronomicon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbYcB9ctu8
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just use clear-drying Elmer's Glue (a light glue).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. B @ Rockin' B
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have used wall paper seam repair adhesive. It works well and doesn't bleed thru.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick B
United States
Saint Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, the wallpaper seal repair worked, but it discolored the sticker. So, next time, I might try Elmer's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.