Popular Tags: [View All]
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi
I read all the comments and questions and I have tried to sum up the answers on one small document.
You can comment it and I will update it if you find other confusing things.
Thank you very much !

FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:

Extending a Link
Let's say you have a complete link from a Building to one of your Parcels. Unless the link is upgraded, you are allowed to extend this link to continue it through the Parcel. The parcel will no longer be considered a stop when players move passengers through it.
If you extend a completed link through your parcel, but the newly incomplete link is neglected for an entire round, only the extension (i.e. the rail in and beyond the parcel) goes away. The original completed link remains.
Later in the game, you are still allowed to build a Building to replace the rail tile in this space.

The bolded section has an unfortunate side effect. Let's say I construct a link through a parcel but I do not complete it. If I leave this link neglected for an entire round, I must now remember that I never completed it. There is no way to tell the difference between a complete link that was then extended through a parcel and a link constructed through a parcel that was never completed.

Gameplay wise, this means I could build through a parcel, forget that I never completed it, remove only the extended part, and end up with a complete link despite never completing it by playing the building or parcel symbol. Effectively, I have constructed a complete link by playing an extra "lay rail" symbol and waiting a round instead of playing a building or parcel symbol.

Edit: Here's an example.

Orange spends one action to lay the rail above. He spends a rail worker and two "lay rails" symbols. The link is incomplete.

After waiting one round, he removes the part extending through his parcel, leaving a complete link. His actions have gained him a complete link (and 3 points) for one rail worker and two "lay rails" symbols.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:
nabla wrote:

Extending a Link
Let's say you have a complete link from a Building to one of your Parcels. Unless the link is upgraded, you are allowed to extend this link to continue it through the Parcel. The parcel will no longer be considered a stop when players move passengers through it.
If you extend a completed link through your parcel, but the newly incomplete link is neglected for an entire round, only the extension (i.e. the rail in and beyond the parcel) goes away. The original completed link remains.
Later in the game, you are still allowed to build a Building to replace the rail tile in this space.

The bolded section has an unfortunate side effect. Let's say I construct a link through a parcel but I do not complete it.

Is this possible? I'd say if you are going through a parcel you need to pay one of the end points to complete that part of the link. So no memory required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I added the shared file to my Google Drive. Thanks, Alban.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Is this possible? I'd say if you are going through a parcel you need to pay one of the end points to complete that part of the link. So no memory required.

I haven't played that way, but I don't think the rules support it. In the example on page 6, Pink builds through their own parcel to connect to a building on the other side without needing a second end point symbol.

The destination symbol is only required when completing a link, and no links are being completing if you're simply passing through a parcel. "That part of the link" is not complete as you cannot deliver passengers through it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:

If you are going through a parcel in this case, your link is not complete, so you don't need any Destination card.

If you are going through a parcel in one round, and you do not continue working on it, you loose your last rail tile (or several) till your link becomes complete. I don't think you would do that during the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
mfl134 wrote:

If you are going through a parcel in this case, your link is not complete, so you don't need any Destination card.

If you are going through a parcel in one round, and you do not continue working on it, you loose your last rail tile (or several) till your link becomes complete. I don't think you would do that during the game

why wouldn't you do that? Doesn't that allow you to complete a link without paying the card cost of completing a link?

Example:

I play an extra rail symbol to extend into a parcel. This means I don't need to play a destination card to complete the link.

I then do either of the following:
- Build a building over the parcel.
- Go a turn without extending the parcel.

I now have a completed link that I never needed to pay a destination card for.

the example above pictures this:

golden_cow2 wrote:

Edit: Here's an example.

Orange spends one action to lay the rail above. He spends a rail worker and two "lay rails" symbols. The link is incomplete.

After waiting one round, he removes the part extending through his parcel, leaving a complete link. His actions have gained him a complete link for one rail worker and two "lay rails" symbols.

Now this can be a fine ruling, but there are definitely ways to take advantage of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
golden_cow2 wrote:

After waiting one round, he removes the part extending through his parcel, leaving a complete link. His actions have gained him a complete link (and 3 points) for one rail worker and two "lay rails" symbols.

where does the "and 3 points" come from? You get 3 points for upgrading your link, not for completing a link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
golden_cow2 wrote:

where does the "and 3 points" come from. You get 3 points for upgrading your link, not for completing a link.

also, I'd guess the waiting one round would be a big penalty to completing a rail. I'd expect the situation of turning the parcel into a building would be the better way to take advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
but you have lost one Round ? There is only 6 rounds in the game. More over you loose the tile at the end of the next round, after you have performed your action, so I think you are loosing 2 rounds ! you have better choice to do. If you don't have the Destination card to complete the link, it is scarce to still build an incomplete link in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
but you have lost one Round ? There is only 6 rounds in the game. More over you loose the tile at the end of the next round, after you have performed your action, so I think you are loosing 2 rounds ! you have better choice to do. If you don't have the Destination card to complete the link, it is scarce to still build an incomplete link in the game.

agreed, but with building over the parcel, nothing is lost if the plan was to build over the parcel anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
building over the parcel IS the game indeed =

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nabla wrote:
building over the parcel IS the game indeed =

gotcha. definitely feels like a game-y way to abuse the rules, but that is fine with me if it is intended

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it doesn't seem like much of a loophole to me. Planning the "failure" 2 rounds (4 – 6 actions) ahead, just to avoid playing a destination icon seems like way more trouble than it's worth; however, if your stress is that badly off, perhaps it's worth "worrying" about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
golden_cow2 wrote:

where does the "and 3 points" come from? You get 3 points for upgrading your link, not for completing a link.

I accidentally unsubscribed to the thread, but you do get 3 points per link at end of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Popvlvs Vaal
Spain
flag msg tools
The cutest animal!
badge
The genuine Green Christmas Meeple
mb
Hi all,

Is it possible to overbuild a link?

For instance, I have my parcel located at 1 slot distance from some building. Is it mandatory to build 1 slot link or could I round the building and make it longer?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cruz
Portugal
Arcozelo - Vila Nova de Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's possible to build a link taking as much rails as you can (as long as you have rail symbols for it).
Remember that you have to build the exact number of tracks as the cards activation presents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, inefficiency is the key to profit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What's the correct count of meeples? The rules say 30 white Citizens and 10 grey Rail Workers. My copy has 20 white and 20 grey instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
10 grey and 30 white, geek mail me your shipping address, I will send you the missing pieces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.