Matthan Heiselt
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Is there any value in Program 21?

There doesn't seem to be any good previous stepping-stone program before 21, nor does there seem to be any good program after to move up to. The fact that is uses mostly a combination of cages and chariots is kind of odd. To require 3 cages and no lions, and also require 2 chariots and no horses, puts it in a class of its own.

On top of all that, it requires the largest size arena. All-in-all a somewhat challenging feat, when compared to the 33 maximum spectator draw.

Has anyone ever used #21? Any thoughts on this one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian King
United States
Roseville
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked at program 21 during a game last night and thought it was rather useless. Since it uses mostly non-people resources you don't even get much of a chance to use a super star.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rioux
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's funny because, that's the program I did in my first and only game for now! At the beginning, I received two programs which had different resources needed, not related to each other. Looking at my chart, I couldn't plan a future program which would integrate my resources for my first two shows. So, I had to decide what I was going to do. I admit that it might be a weird choice but, program 21 was the best I could chose with what I had and what I was able to get. In the end, I finished second... I did the program 21 twice during my game... The first time, I had 3 resources missing so, I didn't get all the spectators I could... So, I got those resources at the next turn and was able to do the show again but this time, with everything I needed so, I got all the points, plus all the bonus I had and three medals (9 more spectators) and, I almost won the game. Of course, I might have been lucky but, it did serve me well that time. Maybe that program can be useful if you decide to do 2 medium shows instead of planning for a big one at the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.