Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3.1 seems to indicate that you perform the steps a-g in order, attacker then defender, rather than attacker doing all steps then defender doing all steps. I've not seen it done this way, maybe because it usually doesn't matter. But there's one minor case where it might:

Based on which SWs repair and which SWs get transferred, the attacker might chose a different MMC self rally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
An interesting technical question... and one that I suspect few ASL players have ever considered because, as you noted, in most cases the sequence of events in the Rally Phase simply won't matter.

But after double-checking with the Advanced Sequence of Play (ASOP) from the full ASL rules, I would agree that each step is done in the listed sequence by both players, with the ATTACKER going before the DEFENDER in each step. That is, for example, both players must transfer SW (step d) before either player may try to rally broken units (step f).

(The ASL ASOP doesn't actually specify that the ATTACKER goes first in each step... but it does say that, in the event of conflicting actions, the ATTACKER goes first. The ASLSK rules take the simpler approach of saying that the ATTACKER always goes first. Different wording, but same results.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.