Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a question which arise from my reading of the rules: are oil wells one shot affairs, or can the tokens be reactivated through building effects, or other means?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They have one use only.

Of course, you can drill up to four times (or more if you Clean Up and then drill again).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oil wells are really nothing more than taking a pollution to get three barrels of oil. It does look a little more interesting to use an oil well chip though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
tkpope wrote:
They have one use only.

Of course, you can drill up to four times (or more if you Clean Up and then drill again).

I think we need a drill for oil die.

Roll it to see how much oil you get, whether you pollute neighboring environment spaces (oil spill), etc.!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, that is what I assumed, but wasn't sure if card effects referenced them. I guess this is a decent mechanism to expand upon in the future (maybe a global impact card that turns them on for a 1:1 barrel exchange, but generated pollution, ect).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Cool, that is what I assumed, but wasn't sure if card effects referenced them. I guess this is a decent mechanism to expand upon in the future (maybe a global impact card that turns them on for a 1:1 barrel exchange, but generated pollution, ect).

I think the idea is that oil is a finite resource. Once you drill a well, you get an expected result. After that, it's just an eyesore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tkpope wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

I think the idea is that oil is a finite resource. Once you drill a well, you get an expected result. After that, it's just an eyesore.

That wasn't lost on me, but the beauty of that card I hypothesized is it might make the the decision / desire to clean them up less clear cut. They should never generate three barrels again, and should generate more pollution, but it isn't unheard of for oil rigs once thought depleted to squeeze more out (especially through technological scaling).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
tkpope wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:

That wasn't lost on me, but the beauty of that card I hypothesized is it might make the the decision / desire to clean them up less clear cut. They should never generate three barrels again, and should generate more pollution, but it isn't unheard of for oil rigs once thought depleted to squeeze more out (especially through technological scaling).

Maybe there will be a fracking card in the future? On second thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Oil wells are definitely something we're looking at for expansion possibilities. Early versions of the game had oil production from your wells occur periodically. We found the one time oil was so much easier to implement, and had a very similar result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.