Hide
2 Posts

DOOM: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Tutorial/Rules Reference books problem. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meeple Eater
msg tools
Let me start by saying that the tutorial/rules reference actually works well with the Doom game, but I finally figure out what I don't like about splitting the rules between two books. The problem is that "ignorance is bliss". What I mean is that, when you learn the tutorial you look up rules in the rule reference that you have questions about. Makes sense. But, you (at least, I) tend not to look up rules in the reference manual that I do think I understand from the tutorial. Then later at some random point when I'm looking something up, I realize that I've been playing a rule wrong because the tutorial didn't delve deeply enough into that part of the game. And all along I thought I was playing the rule correctly because the tutorial rules seemed to be clear. Doh. Just putting that out there. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Waltier
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you read the advanced rules section that follows the tutorial. I wish the tutorial had all the rules instead of half of them, but at least they're in the next chapter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.