1 Posts

Runebound (Third Edition)» Forums » Variants

Subject: Simple, fun token Combat variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasper Schi√łtt
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hey everybody as many others I didn't really enjoy The token combat in this game. Not because I didn't like The tokens but because combat wasen't exiting. I made some small twicks, playtested it and it worked and made combat a bit more enjoyable.

So what did I do. I simple made The tokens hidden for The opponent and rework agility and shield.

Agility and shield tokens, as many have already adressed felt kind of weak but with The hidden token system I could power Them up without Them getting overpowered
Agility now reveal your opponents tokens. You still choose one he has to recast but you don't see The result. You Can ofcourse still use it to flip your own tokens.
Shield now block all damage from an attack, but because you don't know how many attack tokens your opponent has it Can get tricky when to use shields

To hid The tokens I suggest you use a dice cup or something like that. We just covered The tokens with our hand and it Got a little fiddly sometimes but it worked

Fell free to ask questions and address any problems you may find. Thank you and I hope you will enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.