Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Hardel
Germany
Eichwalde
Eichwalde
flag msg tools
mb
In the Refill Phase, which is the rigthmost card, the I or the I-V?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
harm wrote:
In the Refill Phase, which is the rigthmost card, the I or the I-V?

Please follow the arrown on the table. The cards are sliding that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Hardel
Germany
Eichwalde
Eichwalde
flag msg tools
mb
Many thanks for the quick reply, Attila.

That's the way I understood the rules. But wouldn't that lead to always the rigthmost card being replaced, while the others remain static?

Merry christmas, by the way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Szőgyi
Hungary
Vác
Pest megye
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
harm wrote:
Many thanks for the quick reply, Attila.

That's the way I understood the rules. But wouldn't that lead to always the rigthmost card being replaced, while the others remain static?

Merry christmas, by the way

You have to slide all cards by filling any empty space first. Then you fill. If no card taken at all, the rightmost thrown away. So it never remain fully static.

Marry Christmas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben holley
msg tools
So if I, and anyone after me, wanted the question to be answered in the way that it was asked, then the space that would have the card removed would be the "I" space and not the "I-V" space. Is this correct?
So in the case of one of these card tracks not having a empty space then card in the "I" space is replaced and the other 4 cards are left alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cyberspace17 wrote:
So if I, and anyone after me, wanted the question to be answered in the way that it was asked, then the space that would have the card removed would be the "I" space and not the "I-V" space. Is this correct?
So in the case of one of these card tracks not having a empty space then card in the "I" space is replaced and the other 4 cards are left alone.

If no cards have been taken in a round the space that has the card removed is the "I-V" space, then all the remaining cards are shifted in the direction of the arrows leaving the "I" space empty, which is then filled from the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have an official ruling on this? If you're following the text around the board the right most would be I not I~V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vortex7777's answers are offical as Attila is the game's designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sapper_D wrote:
Vortex7777's answers are offical as Attila is the game's designer.

I understand if there was a card missing to be filled in that way following the arrows, but I think the vagueness comes from when a card is not taken from an area. The rules claim the rightmost card is removed. If following the text, the rightmost is I. My assumption would be I-V, and that's how we played it. Seeing vortex response on most of these threads, I assumed those responses were official too.

Thanks for the quick response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew I'd seen a post from Attila answering this question in another thread and I found it:
vortex7777 wrote:
Daidoji Kaneda wrote:
Hi!

In the rules (French, English and German) during the refill phase, it is said to remove the rightmost card from the rows where no cards were bought. Shouldn't it be the leftmost?

Thanks!

We just awared after the release, some player checks the board differently than for example me. If you check a card space from the center of the board, it is the righmost, if you check it from the edge of the board it is the leftmost. :\
What we will do in the next releases, we will rephrase that to the "1-5" card space (the easiest to buy).

From this thread:Rules question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You rock Damon! Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary Weisbeck
United States
Black Hawk
South Dakota
flag msg tools
"Blow up the damned ship, Jean-Luc!"
mbmbmbmbmb
sapper_D wrote:
I knew I'd seen a post from Attila answering this question in another thread and I found it:
vortex7777 wrote:
Daidoji Kaneda wrote:
Hi!

In the rules (French, English and German) during the refill phase, it is said to remove the rightmost card from the rows where no cards were bought. Shouldn't it be the leftmost?

Thanks!

We just awared after the release, some player checks the board differently than for example me. If you check a card space from the center of the board, it is the righmost, if you check it from the edge of the board it is the leftmost. :\
What we will do in the next releases, we will rephrase that to the "1-5" card space (the easiest to buy).

From this thread:Rules question

Thanks to Damon and all who have worked so hard to clear up this confusion. Another reason it seems that the "I" card would be the "rightmost", is because the picture at the start of the rules (SETUP) shows the cards laid so they are read from the edge of the board rather than the center.

Again, thanks to all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.