Popular Tags: [View All]
Jürgen Mayer
Germany
Nuremberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If a wandering monster moves due to an event card and comes adjacent to a player's unit, I assume it has to stop? In that case, does combat occur immediately or in the next phase 1 of that player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. And next phase 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen Mayer
Germany
Nuremberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more wandering monster questions:

1. I assume befriending a monster counts as an action for both the unit and the monster? The befriending chapter p.42 says "Hiring is an action for both [...]" at the bottom, but I guess that's a typo and should mean "Befriending is"?

2. Will a wandering monster ever use an ability that's not a combat ability? Like the Inhabitors: "As an action, conduct Befriend Roll vs creature." I assume they don't do this on their own (but if so, when?), but only when in control of a player?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"If a wandering monster moves due to an event card and comes adjacent to a player's unit, I assume it has to stop? In that case, does combat occur immediately or in the next phase 1 of that player?"

Yes. Stops adjacent. If adjacent to a player at the beginning of their next turn, combat would ensue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I assume befriending a monster counts as an action for both the unit and the monster? The befriending chapter p.42 says "Hiring is an action for both [...]" at the bottom, but I guess that's a typo and should mean "Befriending is"?

YES. ACTION FOR BOTH. TURN WAS SPENT "TALKING". SAME GOES WITH HIRE. TURN IS SPENT "PURCHASING", FOR BOTH.

2. Will a wandering monster ever use an ability that's not a combat ability? Like the Inhabitors: "As an action, conduct Befriend Roll vs creature." I assume they don't do this on their own (but if so, when?), but only when in control of a player?

IN INHABITOR'S CASE, IT WOULD NOT GET TO USE THAT ABILITY, UNLESS SOME PLAYER COULD CONTROL WM FOR THE TURN.

MOST OFTEN ONLY A COMBAT OR RANGED ABILITY COULD BE DONE. THERE ARE SOME ABILITIES THAT MIGHT NOT NEED TO BE DONE "ON A PLAYER'S TURN" THAT POSSIBLY COULD BE DONE. "AMORPHOUS SLAYER CAN BECOME CREATURE IT DEFEATS" AND SO FORTH.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen Mayer
Germany
Nuremberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Just had another situation: what happens in the dweller phase, in case a dweller moves adjacent to unit of two different warcults? Does it attack both? Or only one of them (decided randomly I guess)?

As you can probably tell, I've already been playing this the whole day. It's super fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan hayden
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If dweller turn, and dweller is attacking both players must defend by adding their totals together. KP is shared if dweller killed.

If not dweller turn, enemies adjacent to dweller can choose to help current player or not help in defense or attack.

If enemy is adjacent to dweller and opponent, enemy can choose to help dweller or help opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.