Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rex Moore
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Santorini is a big hit in the abstract world, and is easily played with Looney Pyramids on the 5x5 Volcano board. Here’s an example of one of our games in progress:

We might be able to improve a bit on the colors used, but that’s just aesthetics since color doesn't matter. (Although all white with blue caps would look great, in case anyone has that many.)

===

I have yet to play Dieter Stein’s Mixtour, but it has a good reputation and just needs the Volcano board and enough contrasting pieces to be able to distinguish between two sides:

It's amazing how much value is built into this gaming system!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I'd already been planning to try Santorini with the pyramids -- I'm still hoping that my white and transparent + maybe a third light colour of pyramids will be enough, with blue caps on top.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gswp wrote:
Yup, I'd already been planning to try Santorini with the pyramids -- I'm still hoping that my white and transparent + maybe a third light colour of pyramids will be enough, with blue caps on top.

Is there a link to a set of rules for Santorini?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
Gswp wrote:

I haven't played yet, but I did grab rules from here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/22756/santorini2007do...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Pretoria
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sanchezja wrote:
gamesbook wrote:
Gswp wrote:

I haven't played yet, but I did grab rules from here:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/22756/santorini2007do...

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mack C
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
When I caught wind of Santorini, one of the first things I did was try it with the pyramids. Unfortunately, I think it's a pretty bad experience with them, especially now that I've been playing the retail version. It's a phenomenal game with great components (and I even got a fancy overlay that makes the board have divots similar to the Volcano board).

I'll have to give Mixtour a try. Hopefully I can add it to the list of games I've gotten deep into that are all 2 player abstract games with light rules played on a 5x5 (Santorini, Tak, Onitama, Volcano [ok, Volcano isn't JUST 2 player]).

P.S. - Onitama works perfectly with the pyramids and my set of homemade movement cards fits quite well in the bottom of my everyday carry pyramid tin)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.