Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Smith
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
[Even] in their poverty, they referred to their garden of necessity as if it were a hobby.
mbmbmbmbmb
" reveal any combination of up to five traits but no more than three from any single aspect."

How is this to be interpreted? I'm confused because I can't see how one would know not to reveal a 3rd of any given aspect as it may only be known once revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So you have reveal any 5 from the 3 choices are religion, language and occupation. You couldn't for instance reveal 4 occupation traits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought 'aspect' referred to French/English, Catholic/Protestant etc. rather than to religion/language/occupation. If the meaning is as above, the wording of this card is a bit confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:
I thought 'aspect' referred to French/English, Catholic/Protestant etc. rather than to religion/language/occupation. If the meaning is as above, the wording of this card is a bit confusing.
Agreed. I understand that aspect/trait is mixed up in the wording of the card. "Traits" could be "Trait markers", while "Aspect" should be "Trait" instead. Right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McLean
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Every juror has 3 traits: religion, occupation, language. This card is giving the player the chance to reveal 5 of those, but no more than 3 from any one. So you could reveal 3 religion and 2 occupation, or 2, 2, and 1, but you couldn't reveal the occupation of 5 different jurors.

For purposes of the game, I think you can consider trait and aspect to be synonyms. I don't have the rules right in front of me, so I can't say that for sure, but I am sure of the card's function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
gocamels wrote:
For purposes of the game, I think you can consider trait and aspect to be synonyms. I don't have the rules right in front of me, so I can't say that for sure, but I am sure of the card's function.

The rulebook defines trait as religion/occupation/language and aspect as Protestant/Catholic/English/French/government worker/farmer/whatever the other one is.

So I think this card is in error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's indeed in the rulebook and also on the board (for Trait).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"reveal any combination of up to five traits but no more than three from any single aspect."

Where is this text in the game, please?

Thanks,

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
"reveal any combination of up to five traits but no more than three from any single aspect."

Where is this text in the game, please?
From memory: it is as indicated in the title of this thread: on the Louis Riel card, Jury selection power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victory Point Games
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are right! The Louis card has been fixed. :)

Jury Selection: "Reveal any combination of up to 5 Aspects, but no more than 3 from any single Trait."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus G
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory Point Games wrote:
You are right! The Louis card has been fixed.

Jury Selection: "Reveal any combination of up to 5 Aspects, but no more than 3 from any single Trait."

In my opinion, this is worse (and is what's written on the printing of my card). Most other cards say to reveal or peek at X traits. A few say to reveal or peek at a trait marker. So now there's 3 different ways to refer to the markers, and the word "Trait" isn't being used consistently.

Perhaps all the cards should be updated to say "trait marker"? (E.g., "Reveal up to 5 trait markers, but no more than 3 from any single Trait")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.