Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After re-looking at some of the photos, I realized that this game has one of my favorite component features...double layered player mats! With a game that uses cubes for multiple things, having a "home" for each is awesome. Games like Through the Ages: A New Story of Civilization and Terraforming Mars really need them, and many gamers rely on 3rd party acrylic overlays as a solution.

So happy that Portal Games is running this show!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
I didn't look at the Spiel pictures until just now. I'm glad to hear that they have it, and this is coming from someone with a laser cutter who can make his own acrylic overlays.

Just this past week a friend got the Scythe expansion and we were commenting on how good those player mats are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lankyb wrote:
I didn't look at the Spiel pictures until just now. I'm glad to hear that they have it, and this is coming from someone with a laser cutter who can make his own acrylic overlays.

Just this past week a friend got the Scythe expansion and we were commenting on how good those player mats are.

They add so much to the gameplay experience. Eagle-Gryphon Games added them to Lisboa during their recent Kickstarter and Portal Dragon added them to Zephyr: Winds of Change after the campaign during final design. I hope it becomes a bigger trend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Besaw
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
So c-c-c-c-old!
mbmbmbmb
This was one of my concerns with all of those cubes being used. Looking forward to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.