Subject: Communication issues? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MICHAEL
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anybody else getting no response when trying to get information? I was supposed to receive the base game before Christmas, but it's still not here. I'm having zero luck getting a response.

I've still got 3 weeks to dispute the charge on my credit card, but I don't want to have to use that option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shalavar wrote:
Anybody else getting no response when trying to get information? I was supposed to receive the base game before Christmas, but it's still not here. I'm having zero luck getting a response.

I've still got 3 weeks to dispute the charge on my credit card, but I don't want to have to use that option.

Why were you supposed to received the base game before Christmas? If you bought it during the recent KS, the most recent update from Dec. 20th states that shipping had started last week. In the comments section for the KS, people are starting to get them Some a few days ago, others just getting it today (the 23rd).

Purchasing from the company in this way is very different than from an online store. It takes a lot longer for shipping.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I expect it before Christmas because that's the delivery time frame from the Kickstarter. Frankly, their absolute lack of personal communication is rather frustrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shalavar wrote:
Frankly, their absolute lack of communication is rather frustrating.

I count six updates in the past month. Are you not reading them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shalavar wrote:
I expect it before Christmas because that's the delivery time frame from the Kickstarter. Frankly, their absolute lack of communication is rather frustrating.

According to the KS page:

The estimated delivery date for the Emergence Event early delivery is December 2016. This is our take on an early bird. It isn't a discount. It is early delivery of a portion of the pledge level. This is only an estimate, but we are very, very confident in its delivery because the base game of Emergence Event is already done.

So they are stating it is an estimate, and delivery is December 2016. They still have all of next week. As far as lack of communication, they are a small team that, and according to the last update, is a one man operation because everyone else is away on holiday.

With all due respect, I have been taken part in many kickstarters, and all this is par for the course. They get swamped with emails so response is slow. KS may not be for you. Any delivery date given is an estimate and is usually not met.

To make it plainer, I wouldn't expect a response (the last update said no tracking numbers would be going out). They themselves aren't shipping you the game, it's their shipping partner (Kable I think). They gave an estimate delivery of December 2016, not Christmas 2016. They still have all of next week to fulfill the delivery estimate. And estimates are loose timelines.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Communication: I ask them a question directly and they answer it.

That hasn't happened.

I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.

It doesn't matter anymore. The package just showed up 10 minutes ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shalavar wrote:

That hasn't happened.

com·mu·ni·ca·tion
noun
1. the imparting or exchanging of information or news.

If they post updates, then it's not an absolute lack of communication. It might be less communication than you prefer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
shalavar wrote:

That hasn't happened.

com·mu·ni·ca·tion
noun

If they post updates, then it's not an absolute lack of communication. It might be less communication than you prefer.

Yes, I requested they impart or exchange information with me. They have not. That request has gone unanswered. Hence, we have a lack of cummunication.

I never said it was an absolute lack of communication. I was inquiring about a potentially lost package and they were not responding. I don't care that they were busy posting updates on Kickstarter. That's not the communication I, a customer, was requesting from them, a business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shalavar wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
shalavar wrote:

That hasn't happened.

com·mu·ni·ca·tion
noun

Yes, I requested they impart or exchange information with me. They have not. That request has gone unanswered. Hence, we have a lack of cummunication.

I never said it was an absolute lack of communication. I was inquiring about a potentially lost package and they were not responding. I don't care that they were busy posting updates on Kickstarter. That's not the communication I, a customer, was requesting from them, a business.

And the point that is going way over your head, that you think is going over our heads, is that WHY do you think they have the time to answer the question about a possible lost package when they are still in the middle of mailing things out? WHY do you think yours is the only email question they have received?

The point is that during the shipment process, they receive many emails such as yours from over anxious/impatient backers and they just do not have the resources to answer each and every one of those.

So YES, there will be a lack of PERSONAL communication because small companies such as MERCS do not have enough people. This is par for the course. This will continue throughout the KS. This IS their business model.IF this is unacceptable to you...

KS may not be for you if you expect immediate communication from the KS project creator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MICHAEL
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, the point that is going over your head is that they did not and still have not replied AT ALL.

It's been 5 days.

If this is how MERCS treats their customers, I will not buy their stuff or support their Kickstarters ever again. Every other project creator I have dealt with on Kickstarter has given a response in less than 48 hours. It is bad customer service to ignore your customers. That is a fact that every successful business learns at some point. It's just too bad some of them forget it.

And just for you, Jorune, I asked if anybody else was having problems getting personal communication from MERCS, not whether you, Jorune, thought I was being impatient or unreasonable or any opinion from you at all, Jorune.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've dealt with MCG/MERCS through multiple KS campaigns. I've emailed them directly, I've messaged them through KS, and I've conversed with them through the comments.

The only method that is hit or miss all the time is messaging through KS. Talking to them via the KS comments works well during a campaign and immediately after they've posted an update. Outside of those times it is hit or miss.

Email has worked all the time. Sometimes it does take them a few days to respond (especially if it is in the middle of a campaign or fulfillment OR A MAJOR WORLDWIDE HOLIDAY). Most of the time they respond within a few hours (sometimes just a few minutes!).

I don't think it's unreasonable to not receive email communication from a small business a few days before Christmas. Especially when they're in the middle of fulfilling a wave of a million dollar project (Myth Journeyman) and are receiving tons of emails from those backers. Emergence Event isn't the only project that they are knee deep in the middle of right now.

I have dealt with great KS customer service (Gamelyn, Roxley, Stonemaier) and absolutely god awful gouge your eyes out terrible KS customer service (FunForge, Queen, IO Worlds). Megacon is somewhere in the middle. They have their faults, but they are not as bad as you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.